Eddie Alvarez vs Oscar De La Hoya

conor-drops-alvarez.gif

Sounds like a great idea.

eddie wont last long and will probably get beat around...but i'll watch

Hop on out there to get a nice payday and be beat by a retired boxer.

eddie wont last long and will probably get beat around...but i'll watch
Oscar looked like shit 15 years ago ....he should win ....But Oscar likely isn’t very good anymore

Oscar is pretty damn old right? Eddie would have a good shot unlike Anderson Silva and Frank Mir in their boxing ventures.

Who knows. Oscar is a (former?) drug addict so we can't assume he'll be like George Foreman or Larry Holmes, both good boxers in their mid-to-late 40s. I have no idea what his mental/physical health is like. That said, I remember Eddie getting schooled in the sweet science by some guy named Conrad, Conner, Conor or something.

Mma doesn’t pay

That's bullshit, but okay.

It would definitely pay if it was some outside goofy production (like Jake Paul) and some celebrity or star was doing it. Aka, something like McGregor fighting any decent named boxer in MMA. McGregor fighting some C to B list celeb or youtuber. Lesnar vs a name HW boxer or celeb athlete, Shaq let's say or someone less famous but huge.

Joe Rogan vs Wesley Snipes lmao. That actor karate dude vs Masvidal, idk something retarded. It would sell easily.

It's a formula here. The sport barely matters. Not sure why people think it matters because it's boxing. MMA would bring a more exciting outcome in all likelihood and is probably just as popular today in the US, aka the people who actually buy PPVs and lionshare of interest for these things.

Oscar was a very good fighter in his prime, people forget before his drug issues and personal demons got the better of him, he was 'The Golden Boy', and it wasn't BS. Alvarez is younger, likely better physically, condition wise for sure, but boxing isn't the same as MMA stand-up, there's a hesitancy that comes when you're used to people having more tools, kicks, take-downs, even elbowing, will slow him down in ways he doesn't even know, until he gets in the ring with someone who has done one specific thing since he was a kid, and that's use his left arm, his right arm, and his body to get angles, get power, and always pressure... it's not a better way to fight, that's for sure, but in this specific context, Alvarez will be out of his depth. Hopefully he doesn't get hurt, and gets a decent payday, MMA fighters are criminally underpaid.

Anybody else think Oscar still has it after all that powder going up his nose? dude must be broke and desperate?

Finally, a crossover boxing match where the mma fighter actually has a chance.

Back