Forrest Griffin would beat Adesanya the same way he beat Franklin.

pankrat

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Very weak clinch, TDD and game off his back displayed by Adesanya vs a less experienced wrestler than Forrest in Jan, and even not as heavy.

2009 Forrest Griffin would secure TDs all night long and put his massive frame and weight on skinny Styleblender. This would be the story of the fight:

full

Adesanya would give 2005 Chuck Liddel real trouble though.

I don't know how to laugh harder, also I see what you're trying to do.

Everyone on here is calling fights that actually happen wrong all the time yet is able to confidently call historical fights that can't happen with 100% accuracy.

More like 100% iddle.

I do think it's an interesting fantasy math up, also relates to the Adesanya/Silva comparison

More like 100% iddle.

I do think it's an interesting fantasy math up, also relates to the Adesanya/Silva comparison

He might do, he's a tough opponent for anyone and is highly underrated on here. I also tend to think he had a bad night at the office against Silva and if they fought ten times that would be his worst performance (I'm not saying he'd beat him any of the other nine times though).

Nah, he would have gotten stopped by Izzy. Forrest was ballsy but never had the best chin or defence.

Nah, he would have gotten stopped by Izzy. Forrest was ballsy but never had the best chin or defence.

There is a chance he gets KOed but I do think there is also a strong chance Izzy just can't stop the TD or much less get back to his feet

There is a chance he gets KOed but I do think there is also a strong chance Izzy just can't stop the TD or much less get back to his feet

I think Forrest is a little more reckless than Jan though, I'd question his ability to be patient enough to what Jan did (which was the perfect strategy really).

Forrest is underrated I agree, however I don't think Forrest would have had much for Jan either, maybe he could have outlasted him with cardio and tired him out that way but I think he'd have fared the same as Izzy if I'm honest.

We can't really use the Franklin win as a great example, yeah it's an example of a former MW champ moving up but at the same time @pankrat you've been pretty vocal about how you deem Franklin as a champ and his notable wins in the past, I have Izzy as a lot more skilled as a fighter than Rich was personally.

I think Forrest is a little more reckless than Jan though, I'd question his ability to be patient enough to what Jan did (which was the perfect strategy really).

I definitely would not expect Forrest to stand with Israel for so long but he was not as reckless as it looked in the Silva or Bonnar fight neither. He used a pretty cautious approach vs Shogun or Rampare.
We also saw many different fighters manage to get a body lock on Israel. I doubt Izzy could get by if he allows 220+ lbs Forrest to do so.

Adesanya would look like Forrest Griffin vs Silva if he fought Forrest Griffin

I definitely would not expect Forrest to stand with Israel for so long but he was not as reckless as it looked in the Silva or Bonnar fight neither. He used a pretty cautious approach vs Shogun or Rampare.
We also saw many different fighters manage to get a body lock on Israel. I doubt Izzy could get by if he allows 220+ lbs Forrest to do so.

No, but I don't see the approach of attacking the legs he used against Rampage would work. I guess if you asked me to pick a winner and my life depended on it then I would think Forrest gets knocked out trying to close the distance at some point although I don't think it would be a one sided fight.

Wish people would give Forrest more hespect though.

Forrest is underrated I agree, however I don't think Forrest would have had much for Jan either, maybe he could have outlasted him with cardio and tired him out that way but I think he'd have fared the same as Izzy if I'm honest.

We can't really use the Franklin win as a great example, yeah it's an example of a former MW champ moving up but at the same time @pankrat you've been pretty vocal about how you deem Franklin as a champ and his notable wins in the past, I have Izzy as a lot more skilled as a fighter than Rich was personally.

I have been vocal against the idea of Franklin being a top5 MW of all-time, or even top10, let alone #2 best MW ever as I have read plenty of times in these boards. He was still a very solid fighter though.

I definitely consider Israel to be way more skilled than Franklin but in this particular match up, I remember a very strong Franklin simply uncapable of getting Griffin off of him and Jan's strategy in later rounds vs Israel reminded me of it.

Of course Israel's chances of getting the KO are higher but still I would not favour him in this fantasy match-up

Jan murders every version of Griffin.

Back