I gotta give Izzy props for not being a coward...

Adamant

Adamantium Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
He had the balls to go up and challenge the bigger fighter. He didn't make 500 excuses why he couldn't do it and why he had to stay in the MW division. He didn't try to get Jan to come down to MW or demand Jan meet him at catchweight. He actually challenged himself and put his undefeated record on the line and went up and challenged Jan in his own yard. Even though he lost, in the age of excuses and finger pointing, Izzy showed himself to have true heart. I'm not a fan of his but I have to give him props. Props for not being a total coward and for putting his money where his mouth is.

tenor.gif

I agree with you, he took a big chance and challenged himself. I actually thought he was going to win until Jan decided he needed to wrestle to win. Good choice! Props to Jan too, he changed his game and did what he needed to do to win against an excellent fighter.

Definitely respect the balls to move up and the dignity after the loss. I'm a bigger Izzy fan today than I was before the fight.

yeah, he had the guts to do what many others have speculated upon but never had the cojones to pull off.

Problem is the official blueprint is out there now. Vettori has just the right skill set to make that rematch a bad time for Izzy. Good thing for Izzy, there aren't many great grapplers in the 185 top ranks that he hasn't faced

Last edited:
Moving up to fight Jan isn't exactly like moving up to fight a prime Anderson or GSP. Izzy was the favorite in this fight. If you're moving up and you're the favorite, it's not crazy.

It was a very big test for him and definitely props for taking the jump up to another weight classes, especially from MW to LHW. I feel like this will be a good learning experience for him and hopefully he takes some of this back down to MW and rounds out his game.

Having said that I don’t want to hear shit from him running his mouth about going up or fighting Jones anymore.

Moving up to fight Jan isn't exactly like moving up to fight a prime Anderson or GSP. Izzy was the favorite in this fight. If you're moving up and you're the favorite, it's not crazy.
So you're saying Izzy cherry picked an easy target?

Even if that's the case props to Izzy for doing it.. even though the loss may keep him out of GOAT talks

Agreed. He could have stayed at MW, continued to dominate, would have stayed high on the p4p lists, probably entering GOAT talk in a few years at the rate things were going. Jones is talking shit now but he spent 12 years in the same weight class with significant height/reach advantages over practically everyone he faced, and already solidified his GOAT contender status without ever moving up.

He had the balls to go up and challenge the bigger fighter. He didn't make 500 excuses why he couldn't do it and why he had to stay in the MW division. He didn't try to get Jan to come down to MW or demand Jan meet him at catchweight. He actually challenged himself and put his undefeated record on the line and went up and challenged Jan in his own yard. Even though he lost, in the age of excuses and finger pointing, Izzy showed himself to have true heart. I'm not a fan of his but I have to give him props. Props for not being a total coward and for putting his money where his mouth is.

tenor.gif
Do you think Izzy now regrets that dry hunping/anal rape simulation of Paulo Costa? Because he got the same treatment today. Blachovic was sitting on his chest in the last 20s or so and his groin virtually on his throat.

Definitely respect the balls to move up and the dignity after the loss. I'm a bigger Izzy fan today than I was before the fight.
I'm so glad he moved up and got absolutley humiliated. You should have seen his entire City kickboxing team looked llike a bunch of nonces. LOL! They honestly thought they were invincible just lke Ronad Rouseys and SBG before their guys lost.

So you're saying Izzy cherry picked an easy target?

Even if that's the case props to Izzy for doing it.. even though the loss may keep him out of GOAT talks
So if that is the case, then he still deserves props? Props for cherry picking and then losing? Nah..

Agreed he didnt wait for a 40 year old one eyed champ to cherry pick. Ill give him that.

So if that is the case, then he still deserves props? Props for cherry picking and then losing? Nah..
I'm not saying he cherry picked but even if true yes we give props to AS. GSP and Jon.. oh wait lol

He had way more to lose and should of stayed in MW imo
Dude put his undefeated record up against a massively bigger opponent.

Last edited:
This is fighting, not being a coward is part of the job

Back