Prime Anderson Silva vs. Jan Blachowicz - Who wins?

Who wins?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think seeing Jan performance against Izzy. I believe this would be a tough fight for Silva as well.

How would this fight turn out?

hi-res-886e8697e08358784677e363c9c4472b_crop_north.jpg

jan-blachowicz-ufc-sao-paulo-1.jpg

Striking wise Andy wrecks him. Jan could definitely win it with his grappling though, but my official predictioncwould be Silva round 4 TKO.

Jan was competitive enough in the stand up (even being more effective many times) and with great jaw against an excepcional striker in Izzy

On top of that he has the size and the wrestling to takedown and control Silva even earlier in the fight compared to Izzy

If Silva can't KO Jan in the first minutes of every round, the Polish wins via decision or ground and pound

Anderson easily. Very happy for Jan and he's a great story but I'm not going to act like he has suddenly become a world beater. He is more a beneficiary of good timing (division is very cleared out, top 5 is heavily inflated with unproven talent) than he is an elite fighter IMHO.... and that's taking nothing away from his win over Israel who I also believe has an inflated resume.

Silva was a great striker, but I wouldnt say his striking is levels ahead of Izzy's. I dont see how Silva with worse TD than Izzy wouldnt be beaten by Jan.

Striking wise Andy wrecks him. Jan could definitely win it with his grappling though, but my official predictioncwould be Silva round 4 TKO.
You and thought that Israel would wreck him as well. The truth is that if the bigger fighter is capable of fighting with just as much intelligence and technique than the smaller opponent then the bigger guy will win more times than not.

I didn't see any obvious holes fir Anderson to exploit in this particular fight. It's certainly not a lock one way or the other.

I love Silva is like my childhood hero, but you guys really think Jan is not capable to do what Chael Sonnen en did but being bigger, stronger, better jaw, more well rounded and with much much more better striking (offensive and defensive).

I would really like to know why do you guys really think Silva has so many chances here.

I love the guy, but takedown and wrestling were his weaknesses

Jan GnPs Silva for 4 rounds and loses to a triangle choke in the 5th.
Don't think Andy would submit a champion that much bigger than him who happens to be a black belt.
I love Silva is like my childhood hero, but you guys really think Jan is not capable to do what Chael Sonnen en did but being bigger, stronger, better jaw, more well rounded and with much much more better striking (offensive and defensive).

I would really like to know why do you guys really think Silva has so many chances here.

I love the guy, but takedown and wrestling were his weaknesses
This guy get's it.

My thoughts too.

Back