Is GSP the only GOAT candidate without an Iron chin?

ElCasca

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Of all the possible GOATs usually they have one thing in common, an iron chin which helps his way of fighting, Jones, Khabib, Andy, Fedor.
But GSP not so much, the rare times which he gets tagged usually wobbles him, he is smart enough to not get finished like he did in the Condit fight, but still, his chin is far away from his GOAT peers.

I wouldnt say just chin but overall perhaps the one without extreme heart? not to say either were really "bad" but the others did tend to have absolutely iron wills and were incredably hard to put down.

Only Canadians can deny it as evidenced by post #2. GSP had a weak ass chin, which is why he transitioned from an exciting fighter to a point fighter after Serra.

Of all the possible GOATs usually they have one thing in common, an iron chin which helps his way of fighting, Jones, Khabib, Andy, Fedor.
But GSP not so much, the rare times which he gets tagged usually wobbles him, he is smart enough to not get finished like he did in the Condit fight, but still, his chin is far away from his GOAT peers.
How good is mighty mouse's chin? or Aldo's? They have solid chins (as does gsp) but they aren't goat chins either.

Only Canadians can deny it as evidenced by post #2. GSP had a weak ass chin, which is why he transitioned from an exciting fighter to a point fighter after Serra.
Dude, have you actually watched any of his fights? GSP ate bombs from a juiced up Hendricks. He has never been knocked out.

You are embarrassing yourself.

GSP has the weakest chin out of the GOATs and was the only one to get KOd by an undersized fighter in his prime
Anderson Silva got outstruck and submitted by two Japanese cans in his prime.

QArYawe.gif

I'm just applying the same logic to Silva's career that GSP's haters apply to GSP.

GSP had been fighting for 5 years and 2 months, gets TKO'd by a 10-4 fighter who'd spent a third of his career at a lower weight class, and that's seemingly enough evidence to discredit GSP as an all-time great.

Silva had been fighting for 5 years and 11 months and got submitted by a 4-7-1 fighter who had spent time at a lower weight class.
Silva had been fighting for 7 years and 6 months and got outstruck and submitted by a 7-4 fighter who had spent time at a lower weight class.

But apparently, even though Silva had more fighting experience than GSP when GSP lost, and Silva lost against worse opponents than GSP did, Silva isn't discredited as an all-time great, his losses are just chalked up to Silva not being in his prime (yet that same rationale isn't applied to GSP).

P.S. - And I'm not a GSP fan.

Last edited:
He got hit in the back if the head by Matt serra, serra wasn't undersized he was short and hit very hard , gsp was off balanced from getting hit behind his head and back of ear throwing his equilibrium off. Has nothing to do with his chin

You do know Fedor got knocked out by Dan Henderson, a 185 pound fighter that moved up right?

Lol Fedor an iron chin? In your dreams.

He had heart and good defense, but a chin no. When he did get hit good his legs turned to jello or he got ktfo.

GSP had a better chin.
Someone get me a gif of the randleman supplex now! These takes r bs

Adesanya will soon become a goat candidate and I dont think he has an iron chin. Cain didnt really have an iron chin either, he was on the path to become a goat nonetheless but then the injuries got in the way

Lol Fedor an iron chin? In your dreams.

He had heart and good defense, but a chin no. When he did get hit good his legs turned to jello or he got ktfo.

GSP had a better chin.

Fedor fought much harder hitters than GSP did.

Dude, have you actually watched any of his fights? GSP ate bombs from a juiced up Hendricks. He has never been knocked out.

You are embarrassing yourself.
He did ate some bombs in thar fight, but the hard strikes that I remember Hendricks landing on GSP quite wobbled him, like the left in the 2nd or 3rd round and them Travis Browne Elbows in the first.
But them he avoided the follow up shots due to fight IQ.
And the others very hard hitters he faced like Alves, I can’t remember any significant strikes that landed clean on him

GSP has the weakest chin out of the GOATs and was the only one to get KOd by an undersized fighter in his prime

I mean how many times did GSP actually got visibly rocked and knocked down besides Serra 1?

And Condit landed that headkick that knocked GSP down on the temple, not in the chin

sonnen100_medium_medium.gif

c4b64cdb2c0acb7f0fde1a5fe1652eae.gif

UFC168-ChrisWeidmanXAndersonSilva-Rd1-SloMo1a-400-sg.gif

UnawareBowedChinchilla-max-1mb.gif

EvenDevotedBuffalo-size_restricted.gif

Ok dude, considering Silva's shameful career decline and history of cheating you should really lay off the GSP hate.

Your envy is unbecoming. It's pretty sad actually, and it just draws more attention to Silva's failure.

Well Fedor and Silva have both been knocked out unconscious, GSP hasn't.
I'm sure I recall a GSP interview where he said his issue in the Serra fight was that after he got clipped he kept trying to get one back which is why he got finished in the end, he then chalked that up to him being able to survive after getting knocked down by Condit because he learnt his lesson.

Back