Media Israel and Eugene Bareman Believe They Are Underdogs By A “Country Mile”

Brodie

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score

I don’t know if I agree but the betting odds should be a lot closer than they are. As an Izzy fan, this the most concerned I’ve been before a fight. Nobody has become double champ by jumping 20 pounds in weight and won ( DC weighed more than Stipe). Jan will have a massvie strength advantage, is a BJJ black belt, several submission wins, and has one punch KO power. He’s only been finished twice in 35 pro fights (1 Sub, 1 TKO).

In previous fights against guys like Costa/Whittaker, Izzy is on record saying he would beat them and make it look it easy, there hasn’t been any sort of talk like that in that lead up to this fight.

Good on Izzy for talking about old school / technique over all.

That being said, I think Jan is a temporary champ in a world both with or without Izzy. Jan seems like a perfectly nice guy, but it is what it is.

Reactions: MCS
This is a bit of revisionist history (for the future lol). Jan is stylistically an easy matchup for Izzy, just like Costa was. Look, I would love for Izzy to get wrecked, cause I dislike the guy, but honestly I rate Jan's chances at about 20%.

I get that Izzy and Eugene want Jan to seem a harder fight than he actually is, so that if Izzy wins he gets more clout, and if he loses it doesn't seem as bad. Its a valid strategy, and I can't blame them for doing this.

@GoshiShun17 agrees with me on the easy matchup bit.

Last edited:
I think they mean in terms of mentality. They said they dont know what the betting lines are saying.

BS lmao. Izzy is already claiming he wont get touched in this fight lmao. Im sure they are aware of Jans power and respect that but theres a reason why Izzy is choosing to move up now because he sees Jan as an easy stylistic match up for him.

This is a bit of revisionist history (for the future lol). Jan is stylistically an easy matchup for Izzy, just like Costa was. Look, I would love for Izzy to get wrecked, cause I dislike the guy, but honestly I rate Jan's chances at about 20%.

I get that Izzy and Eugene want Jan to seem a harder fight than he actually is, so that if Izzy wins he gets more clout, and if he loses it doesn't seem as bad. Its a valid strategy, and I can't blame them for doing this.

The danger is definitely there. Jan has his certain advantages. But stylistically, I say the probability of Jan winning is not high.

But that is not a knock on Jan IMO. Mostly everyone would agree that Rob has earned a shot at the belt and is an elite fighter, but stylistically many players are not confident that Whittaker can truly challenge Izzy.

Same with Jan. He's just as dangerous as anyone Adesanya can face atm.

The danger is definitely there. Jan has his certain advantages. But stylistically, I say the probability of Jan winning is not high.

But that is not a knock on Jan IMO. Mostly everyone would agree that Rob has earned a shot at the belt and is an elite fighter, but stylistically many players are not confident that Whittaker can truly challenge Izzy.

Same with Jan. He's just as dangerous as anyone Adesanya can face atm.
Sure, but that is my point. Jan is dangerous, but Izzy saying he is the underdog is ridiculous.

Jan definitely has his certain advantages, but as you say, stylistically Izzy has a huge advantage.

BS lmao. Izzy is already claiming he wont get touched in this fight lmao. Im sure they are aware of Jans power and respect that but theres a reason why Izzy is choosing to move up now because he sees Jan as an easy stylistic match up for him.
Wrong post all around.

He said his plan is to not get touched, not that he won’t. which obviously makes sense as Jan possess one punch KO power. Why would he try to get touched by him?

He also had no plans or intentions of moving up to LWH this early until his team/coach approached him with the idea and he agreed after hearing them out as per his recent Helwani interview.

Lmao at you.

Last edited:
{<hhh]

Yeah, had no plans until Jon vacated.
He said he would eventually move up in mid to late 2021 i can find you several sources if you’d like.

Jones decides to vacate before the end of 2020.

{<hhh]

Last edited:
He said he would eventually move up in 2021 i can find you several sources if you’d like.

Jones decides to vacates Dec 2020

{<hhh]

Izzy said a year or two ago that he needed time or something (to fight Jones), that would have put his LHW debut further down the line, like around late 2021. So yeah, he had plans but those plans accelerated once Jones was out of the way.

Jon vacated in August, then Reyes/Blachowicz fought for the vacant title in September.
Jon's been done with that division for 7 months now.

JWcycnu.gif

The oddsmakers are wrong, just like they were on Poirier vs Mcgregor 2. Anyone with a brain knows that Jan should be the favorite.

20% ? that's it? You think if they fought 10 times, izzy wins 8 times?? that seems like a bit of a stretch to me. Jan isn't one of these t-rex armed middleweights/former welterweights that Izzy has mostly been fighting.

Jan is the first guy that Izzy will have fought who would be allowed to have a sherdog account.

20% ? that's it? You think if they fought 10 times, izzy wins 8 times?? that seems like a bit of a stretch to me. Jan isn't one of these t-rex armed middleweights/former welterweights that Izzy has mostly been fighting.

Jan is the first guy that Izzy will have fought who would be allowed to have a sherdog account.
Yeah, honestly I think Izzy wins 8/10. Maybe closer to 7/10.
I really dislike Izzy, so this isn't me being biased.

Izzy keeps trying to hype up Jan to make the win mean more.

Back