If Costa defeats Whittaker and Till defeats Marvin?

Goldentrophy

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Under these predicaments, who do you guys believe will deserve or will receive the title shot?

I think we all agree if Rob wins his next fight he is next up for a title shot or if Rob loses and Marvin wins then Vettori will be next.

Now Till/Costa winning their next fight equates to only a 1 fight win streak on both ends so would Till deserve it since it's a fresher matchup? or will Costa get a rematch since he would have beaten #1 ranked Robert who recently beat Till but Costa was thoroughly dominated by Izzy fairly recent.

Last edited:
On another note, I bank on Isreal going back to 185 after this fight I don't foresee the Jones match happening I feel an Israel loss will occur to sabotage that.

Dana was keen in pushing Till into a title shot before, so it seems likely he'd do it again (doesn't hurt that he's the only one of those guys Izzy hasn't beaten). But also, I don't think there's ever been an Italian title challenger before, and that's something they'd probably want to capitalize on. So I think Dana is probably more hopeful that Marvin or Till comes out that fight looking great.

...probably we get Whitaker/Marvin for the interim.

If Izzy wins the LHW belt,I don't think they strip his MW belt, they push for the first triple champ - and hold up all 3 divisions for the record.

Probably Till, be hard to hype up an Adesanya/Whittaker rematch especially since it was so recent and one-sided.

Till likely gets whooped also but if he dominates Marvin he makes a great case.

Till would have two wins in the division, one being a split decision. He would be 2-3 in his last 5. It would be a joke to give him a title shot

and yet it would happen based of his popularity. Plus Costa already got obliterated by Adensanya so its better to go with the fresh matchup not a rematch

Personally I’d rather see Costa vs. Vettori, but I’ll digress, to answer TS’s question, Costa doesn’t deserve jack shit after that Adesanya no-show... I’m a Costa fan, but that performance has left a sour taste in my mouth that needs cleansing by way of Paulo actually stringing together a few impressive wins.

Under these predicaments, who do you guys believe will deserve or will receive the title shot?

I think we all agree if Rob wins his next fight he is next up for a title shot or if Rob loses and Marvin wins he'll be next.

Now Till/Costa winning their next fight equates to only a 1 fight win streak on both ends so would Till deserve it since it's a fresher matchup? or will Costa get a rematch since he would have beaten #1 ranked Robert who recently beat Till but Costa was thoroughly dominated by Izzy fairly recent.

They would have Till vs Costa fir number one contender

Wont happen. Robert is going to show Costa that Kiwi loving and grinding after the fight

Costa vs Whittaker is a good #1 contender fight.

If Vetori wins he’s right behind them, if Till wins he still needs at least one more win.

They would have Till vs Costa fir number one contender
Makes sense, if that occurs they might as well fight for the number 1 spot and if Israel does beat Jan he can look out to fight Jones in the fall(after Jones summer hw debut) and on the same card as Jones/Izzythey can have Till vs Costa or something. Super hypothetical of course.

Costa vs Whittaker is a good #1 contender fight.

If Vetori wins he’s right behind them, if Till wins he still needs at least one more win.

I feel Vetorri vs Rob is a good number 1 contenders fight since nobody is coming off a loss and the winner would have earned an Izzy rematch. Marvin would be on a 5 fight win streak while Rob a 3 fight win streak over top contenders.

Even if Costa beats Whittaker, he isn't going to get a rematch with Adesanya that soon.

It's also difficult to justify a title shot for Till even if he beats Vettori.

If Holland beats Brunson, especially in impressive fashion, he could jump right into a title shot on a 6-fight winning streak.

If Hall beats Weidman, he would be on a 4-fight winning streak. So that's another possibility.

Marvin beats Till. His lay n pray is pretty good.

I think we all agree if Rob wins his next fight he is next up for a title shot or if Rob loses and Marvin wins then Vettori will be next.

till because Costa just got embarrassed by the champ

Back