(GIF) Dustin Poirier with some dip & slip

It was the first Counter left Takedown Dustin scored that got me and my Brother out of ours, I was fucking HYPED because I knew we were gonna be in for a treat because Dustin was fighting the fight he needed to make it competitive. He made it an MMA fight and gave Conor something else to think about when it came to Dustin's shift combination.

Him taunting Conor and pointing was just icing on the cake.

And to think I've seen people say this fight was thrown...conor was throwing with big power in those punches

He looked great had a excellent game plan coming in.

conor's worst performance inside the octagon and Dustin delivered very well

results thereafter

giphy.gif

Dustin had me worried in the first because he was tired from wrestling, got caught and looked a little wobbly.

He recovered nicely in the second and found his rhythm and put Conor away.

Conor thought “great” was “leagues below him” LOL

results thereafter

Conor landed some good shots and Dustin himself said Conor could have finished him because he got Flashed temporarily, Dustin was just the better fighter that night and Conor didn't adjust to the leg kicks, he slept on them and got slept for it.

Conor didn't look bad in my opinion, and if he did, it's because Dustin MADE him look bad, scored a takedown off of Conor trying to counter with his left, and chopped the lead leg, there wasn't much Conor could do once Dustin fought the smarter fight.

Conor landed some good shots and Dustin himself said Conor could have finished him because he got Flashed temporarily, Dustin was just the better fighter that night and Conor didn't adjust to the leg kicks, he slept on them and got slept for it.

Conor didn't look bad in my opinion, and if he did, it's because Dustin MADE him look bad, scored a takedown off of Conor trying to counter with his left, and chopped the lead leg, there wasn't much Conor could do once Dustin fought the smarter fight.

Conor looked good in there

still his worst performance

Poirier had an amazing game plan. Conor looked the same as ever but he wasn't checking the leg kicks. Conor came out and pressed him asap, that was a good game plan too but it just didn't work. Poirier has some nice defense and jist fought better, he also hits harder than Conor.

results thereafter
Worst performance? He won the first round on everyone's scorecard that I saw. And 3-4 kicks were what started his demise. You can have a good performance and still lose. It's part of life. As a Poirier fan I was really worried bc Conor was piecing him nicely in Rnd 1 and it looked like Dustin was getting tired. At that time I didn't realize how the leg was going to affect him though

Worst performance? He won the first round on everyone's scorecard that I saw. And 3-4 kicks were what started his demise. You can have a good performance and still lose. It's part of life. As a Poirier fan I was really worried bc Conor was piecing him nicely in Rnd 1 and it looked like Dustin was getting tired. At that time I didn't realize how the leg was going to affect him though

He had a good performance.

Still his worst one.

One of the best replies to a thread about that fight i've seen so far.
Absolutely unbelievable what kind of excuses for Conor i've seen right now, there's no reason to take more than 5% of them even remotely serious.
Conor looked extremely good at times, his timing was as good as ever and his power looked even better to me, but like you said, Dustin was just the better man that night and had a fantastic gameplan which he executed perfectly.

I think if Conor wants to stay a top dog at 155, he immediately needs to lose some muscle and concentrate on his cardio; his strength and power would still be very good, but he wouldn't gas as fast, which of course is one of his, if not his sole biggest weakness.
Defending/avoiding calf kicks would be another thing to practice too obviously, although this is something he'll mostly only have trouble against when fighting fellow southpaws.

I wonder what Dustin's next fight will be, but currently i'm just super happy for him.

One of the best replies to a thread about that fight i've seen so far.
Absolutely unbelievable what kind of excuses for Conor i've seen right now, there's no reason to take more than 5% of them even remotely serious.
Conor looked extremely good at times, his timing was as good as ever and his power looked even better to me, but like you said, Dustin was just the better man that night and had a fantastic gameplan which he executed perfectly.

I think if Conor wants to stay a top dog at 155, he immediately needs to lose some muscle and concentrate on his cardio; his strength and power would still be very good, but he wouldn't gas as fast, which of course is one of his, if not his sole biggest weakness.
Defending/avoiding calf kicks would be another thing to practice too obviously, although this is something he'll mostly only have trouble against when fighting fellow southpaws.

I wonder what Dustin's next fight will be, but currently i'm just super happy for him.

Would like if I could but yeah man, there's no excuse that could or should be made, if Conor in ANYWAY looked off it's because Dustin did what he needed to do to make Conor look that way. He set the tempo correctly in damn near their first exchange and Conor had to respect Dustin's game after that, THAN when Dustin felt the power flush and knew he could take it he didn't have to respect Conor's power as much and I'm sure it proved to be a HUGE confidence boost for him.

From the perfectly timed Takedown, to the Calf Kicks, to Dustin eating the shots...yeah Conor isn't gonna "Look as good' he's going against a tough motherfucker who wants it more and put in the fucking work. Dustin fought a smart fight, and was the better man and that's all there really is too it, why people have to go out and make excuses for Conor just makes no sense, especially when people jump down Conor's throat already when he makes "excuses".

Back