There is zero pressure on Dustin Poirier in this fight (His been written off by the MMA media)

dragonsfly

----------------------------
Banned
Reaction score
I find this strange people are busy talking about Khabib, Diaz, Manny Pac and what not as if there is no event on saturday and This is actully good for Dustin imo there is no pressure on the dude because nobody is expecting him to win. He should seize the moment and create the upset.

I personally think a massive underdog poirier is much more dengerous then one who has alot of pressure on him.

Last edited:
Dustin went life and death with Hooker, he’s not in his prime.

Lol. Conor has had more savage beatdowns. Dustin also upset a huge favourite in Holloway he busted him up pretty good. His definitely not someone you easily should look past

That's what pissed him off the first time. Hopefully he's ignoring the news, social media right now.

That's what pissed him off the first time. Hopefully he's ignoring the news, social media right now.

It was not that it was the trash-talk and everything leading upto it but currently dude has nothing to prove to the audience. His been written off and there is no pressure on him if anything this should set him free in this fight of all burdens

It was not that it was the trash-talk and everything leading upto it but currently dude has nothing to prove to the audience. His been written off being there is no pressure on him if anything this should set him free in this fight of all burdens

He brought it up in a few interviews so far. He said he felt like everybody wanted him to lose, including the UFC, and it pissed him off.

I agree that Poirier is a bigger underdog than he should be but I disagree on him having no pressure.

This is easily the most press he's done since the last Conor fight. Only time he did as much press was maybe against Khabib.

He has to battle the thought of getting knocked out by Conor in their first fight which reporters bring up to him in every interview.

Everybody wanting you to lose can seriously fuck with someone mentally.

If he's just there to take part and doesn't care about losing like Cowboy, then I guess there's no pressure. But if he cares about winning and fighting for a title after, then there is tremendous pressure.

He brought it up in a few interviews so far. He said he felt like everybody wanted him to lose, including the UFC, and it pissed him off.

Getting pressure of if anything is really good. It sets you free

I agree that Poirier is a bigger underdog than he should be but I disagree on him having no pressure.

This is easily the most press he's done since the last Conor fight. Only time he did as much press was maybe against Khabib.

He has to battle the thought of getting knocked out by Conor in their first fight which reporters bring up to him in every interview.

If he just wants to take part and doesn't care about losing like Cowboy, then I guess there's no pressure. But if he cares about winning, then there is tremendous pressure.

His Khabib fight in Abu Dhabi was bigger then this one. Fans were also involved it was pre-covid by few months

There might not be the level of external pressure that he's had in some other fights, but this is likely his last chance to really have a shot at going for the real belt. He lost bad to Khabib, has a close one with Hooker, if he now loses to Conor he really has no shot left for awhile. And while he waits around, he'll be the guy put against every new fighter with the next generation of best practices and the advantages that come with youth.

The pressure he will be feeling is huge

He saw things wrong getting pressure of if anything is really good. It sets you free

I think he'll deal with it better this time. He said he's not listening to the naysayers anymore.

There might not be the level of external pressure that he's had in some other fights, but this is likely his last chance to really have a shot at going for the real belt. He lost bad to Khabib, has a close one with Hooker, if he now loses to Conor he really has no shot left for awhile. And while he waits around, he'll be the guy put against every new fighter with the next generation of best practices and the advantages that come with youth.

The pressure he will be feeling is huge

Conor has bigger pressure if he loses this could end his career

Lol. Conor has had more savage beatdowns. Dustin also upset a huge favourite in Holloway he busted him up pretty good. His definitely not someone you easily should look past

Conor has lost to Diaz on short notice at 170 and Khabib who is the top 155 fighter in the world.

Why was Holloway the favourite in the rematch against Poirer? You do know Poirer had already beaten Holloway at 145 lbs by submission right? Poirer almost lost to Hooker who isn’t world class by any means, just a tough guy with a good chin.

Conor has bigger pressure if he loses this could end his career
And? Proper 12 is a major sponsor at tons of boxing events, he's invested in several businesses that profit him, and he's able to do any number of highly lucrative fights even with a loss. Other fighters rely on the ability to win a belt to maximize earnings

Dustin is likely putting a lot of pressure on himself. If he wins this fight, Conor will demand a rematch (well, a rubber match because this is the rematch). Dustin would be in a great position to negotiate, netting him much much higher pay than he would ever get fighting another fighter even for the belt.

He’s got nothing to lose. Hopefully it translates to a great performance. All the pressure is on Conor. And if Conor doesn’t ko him in the first round. His confidence could take a real hit. If it goes to the third round he’ll be gassing, and know he couldn’t finish him. A huge switch of momentum will happen. Dustin can get the win. Despite what the “experts” are predicting.

And? Proper 12 is a major sponsor at tons of boxing events, he's invested in several businesses that profit him, and he's able to do any number of highly lucrative fights even with a loss. Other fighters rely on the ability to win a belt to maximize earnings

I was not talking about financial but sporting point of view the pressure is much bigger on Conor then Dustin

Plenty of pressure on Dustin. He should have the ambition to be champion and two losses to Conor and one to Khabib, with no rematch against either in sight, will make it quite hard for him to be awarded a title-shot.

Back