How good is Marvin Vettori?

Sam's UFC title reign

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I know a lot of people are high on him but I don't really see it. Like his is okay in all he does and his wins don't really suggest he is a worldbeater. But I honestly would like some honest opinions on how good he is especially with this upcoming Hermanssen fight.

Upper mid-tier, while this is a pretty good match-up.

He's nothing to write home about I dun think. Still, maybe will watch Adesanya rematch if they are ever going.
He would probably do more than Costa and Romero combined there but even sherdog whitebelts would, at this juncture...

People hype him because he took Adesanya to split decision in his second UFC fight. He's a journeyman that'll probably peak at top 5. He's not good enough to become a champ.

"Journeyman" and "top 5" don't belong in the same sentence. 99.999% of fighters won't become champions ever, that doesn't make them journeyman.

I know a lot of people are high on him but I don't really see it. Like his is okay in all he does and his wins don't really suggest he is a worldbeater. But I honestly would like some honest opinions on how good he is especially with this upcoming Hermanssen fight.
Hermansson was a 2-1 favorite to beat Holland.

Vettori is currently favoured on the betting lines to beat Hermansson.

That's how good Vettori is.

Last edited:
"Journeyman" and "top 5" don't belong in the same sentence. 99.999% of fighters won't become champions ever, that doesn't make them journeyman.

Troof

Gatekeeper is a better word.

It wouldn't surprise me if Marvin ended up getting a title shot at some point in his UFC tenure - stranger things have happened.

People are riding that Izzy fight but I'm not sold on him yet. This fight will really tell us where he's at, Hermanson is beastly on the ground.

very good chin, good cardio, striking is ok, good bjj level.. nothing spectacular but a good fighter overall

Very good fighter imo, I always used to bring him up in most underrated threads but he seems to be getting more shine now. Pretty decent striker, extremely good grappler, strong, explosive, reasonably quick.

Lot to like imo. Looking forward to the Jack fight.

Back