The problem with Mousasi

cookdaddy

OG of OG's
@Brown
Reaction score
His skill set is undeniable. His experience in MMA is probably the best out of any high level fighter. His competition is mixed although he has fought many elite fighters. What I think the problem is is that he fights to his level of competition, which can be a bit misleading. He just does enough to stay in the fight and be competitive against fighters that he could easily beat. Or he could face very high level fighters and you could see the best of him.

With Mousassi, I think its mental. Mousassi with the will and mentality of a Khabib would be GOAT tier.

the problem with mousassi is timing. on any given night he COULD be the best in the world...the timing is just off. he fought machia when machida was still in his prime and got his hype derailed. same with prime jacare....other times hes been out of the UFC when he could have been champ. I say timing honestly

the problem with mousassi is timing. on any given night he COULD be the best in the world...the timing is just off. he fought machia when machida was still in his prime and got his hype derailed. same with prime jacare....other times hes been out of the UFC when he could have been champ. I say timing honestly

He's lost all of his most meaningful fights except the one against Weidman, who was coming off of brutal back-to-back KOs.

The guy is a very skilled, experienced fighter, but there's no proof whatsoever that he's ever had what it takes to be the #1 MW in the world.

Last edited:
With Mousassi, I think its mental. Mousassi with the will and mentality of a Khabib would be GOAT tier.
Is it the same though? I mean if it was mental you would probably see him break more in fights. It always seems like his mentally is the same, that he just doesn't care. I guess I understand what you're saying but to me when I think of a fighter that doesn't have the mental game, I think more of fighters who sometimes fold in fights, or fighters that you can tell aren't the same come fight night. Moose always seems the same to me and is almost always in a fight.

He has no heart. The fact that he lost that final round to a completely gassed and nearly finished Lovato was embarrassing.

Wouldnt say he has no heart but he does lack urgency in some fights. Someone with no heart just rolls over and quits, never seen Mousasi do that

He has no heart. The fact that he lost that final round to a completely gassed and nearly finished Lovato was embarrassing.
I wouldn't say he doesn't have heart. He just doesn't seem to give a fuck. Its like he's just there to collect a paycheck and if he wins, ok cool. If he loses, ok cool. Nothing every seems to push him to try harder or put more effort into a fight. Just the same energy every fight win or lose. Fighting a bum? Ok I'll just do enough. Fighting the champion? Ok I'll just do enough.

He's too much a masvidal 1.0 sometimes.

Plus he can lose focus, get caught and suffer embrassing losses against lower level competition.

His skill set is undeniable. His experience in MMA is probably the best out of any high level fighter. His competition is mixed although he has fought many elite fighters. What I think the problem is is that he fights to his level of competition, which can be a bit misleading. He just does enough to stay in the fight and be competitive against fighters that he could easily beat. Or he could face very high level fighters and you could see the best of him.
I would agree with your assessment that he lowers his level to his opponents. He doesn’t exploit his strengths enough to blow others out of the water. Also his lack of expression and laid back body language even makes his good finishes and vicious GNP seem casual.

if he was this dominant goat champ bla bla bla mousasi fanboys claim he should havent lost and fckd up guys left and right then beat the champ

i hate to tell facts but hes not what u think he is

He's lost of all his most meaningful fights except the one against Weidman, who was coming off of brutal back-to-back KOs.

The guy is a very skilled, experienced fighter, but there's no proof whatsoever that he's ever had what it takes to be the #1 MW in the world.

i guess you missed that one word in my post was all caps? that wasnt on accident lol. i said COULD...not is or was or anything definitive.

Didn’t he beat the shit out of Dan Henderson?

Now he is Bellator champ! Good for him

I’ve thought that before as well TS. He is also guilty of kind of coasting in fights sometimes too

He's too much a masvidal 1.0 sometimes.

Plus he can lose focus, get caught and suffer embrassing losses against lower level competition.

Very apt comparison.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back