The problem with Mousasi

His skill set is undeniable. His experience in MMA is probably the best out of any high level fighter. His competition is mixed although he has fought many elite fighters. What I think the problem is is that he fights to his level of competition, which can be a bit misleading. He just does enough to stay in the fight and be competitive against fighters that he could easily beat. Or he could face very high level fighters and you could see the best of him.

I was just looking at
His skill set is undeniable. His experience in MMA is probably the best out of any high level fighter. His competition is mixed although he has fought many elite fighters. What I think the problem is is that he fights to his level of competition, which can be a bit misleading. He just does enough to stay in the fight and be competitive against fighters that he could easily beat. Or he could face very high level fighters and you could see the best of him.

From debut he displayed a relax fighting style that could be misleading. Misleading in how talented he is. Not staying in the UFC was disappointing but he had his reasons. He was calling out Michael Bisping at one time. What I lgleaned was that the UFC was keeping him on the back burner. I wish he stayed in UFC..one of the best Bad...azzes ...ever.... Just walks in there calm and like he is about to go to sleep... and wins time and time again...I mean man, look how long he has been doing that. Longevity of fighting is on his side. I wish he stayed in UFC. He can win anyone at anytime IMO...just has that style where he can pull anything off. Not saying he is the best. When it comes to MMA...people lose, it just happens, so its rare to see a few loses ...under this I think he is one of the best.

Big fan of Mousasi. He'll always be considered an elite fighter who could've done much more.

His record is impressive, he's in the top 5 MW GOAT list imo.

His problem is that he barely seems motivated to do anything more than He needs to do.
Also he is crimminally overrated by some fans, who value longevity and names over actual competition.
Losing to prime Machida and Jacare just proved for me that he was always top 10-5 but never champion material.

The problem with Mousasi is he lost to both Shlemenko and Machida, and should at least give them both a rematch.

Can't say he has no heart. He got his eye smashed by Shlemenko immediately and kept going. A fight he lost in my opinion, and the opinion of many others. He has a complete skill set, fight IQ, great resume on paper, although a lot of the names he beat during his UFC run were passed it if you ask me. In retrospect, we all know Weidman was done. Some of the other names his hipster mma cult fan base will bring up to stack his resume, like Cyborg, Manhoef, even Kang, are scary guys, or were at a point in time, but I wouldn't count them on any kind GOAT resume.

I'm with the portion of the fanbase that say he's a top all time MW, and he is criminally underrated. He's a great fighter, but I honestly cringe when people put him at #2 MW. I'm disappointed that he hasn't been able to completely wipe out Lima and Rory like he is very well capable of.

Lets be honest about his skills he is the jack of all trades type good at everything but not the best at one of them

I was just looking at

From debut he displayed a relax fighting style that could be misleading. Misleading in how talented he is. Not staying in the UFC was disappointing but he had his reasons. He was calling out Michael Bisping at one time. What I lgleaned was that the UFC was keeping him on the back burner. I wish he stayed in UFC..one of the best Bad...azzes ...ever.... Just walks in there calm and like he is about to go to sleep... and wins time and time again...I mean man, look how long he has been doing that. Longevity of fighting is on his side. I wish he stayed in UFC. He can win anyone at anytime IMO...just has that style where he can pull anything off. Not saying he is the best. When it comes to MMA...people lose, it just happens, so its rare to see a few loses ...under this I think he is one of the best.
They never kept him on the back burner. They gave him 4 or 5 main events, maybe even 3 in a row when he came over. He just failed in those frights to get a win streak and wilted to better competition. He’s a top ten guy for sure but has never and will never be the best MW in the world. Izzy would end his career how mismatched they would be. It’d be tough to watch that sanctioned execution tbh

He loses to fighter that he should mop the floor with hall and king mo.

The problem is that he didn’t take roids like most fighters at the top level do

Back