Was about to post about just how good is Magomed Ankalaev....

Kaiserjuan

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
...but then I googled his ass and found out he got subbed by Paul fucking Craig.

So I'll just shut my moeuth and go crawl under a rock in shame.

He was doing very well in that fight and honestly losing to Craig in the fashion that he did is more than forgivable. He has acquitted himself very well since that banana peel slip. With that said, all credit is deserved by Craig -- it was a remarkable finish.

Shit happens in fights... unless you are Khabib.

Case in point, age 40 Reem > Rozenstruik

...but then I googled his ass and found out he got subbed by Paul fucking Craig.

So I'll just shut my moeuth and go crawl under a rock in shame.
It was one of the biggest flukes in UFC history.

He was doing very well in that fight and honestly losing to Craig in the fashion that he did is more than forgivable. He has acquitted himself very well since that banana peel slip. With that said, all credit is deserved by Craig -- it was a remarkable finish.
^^^^^^^^This

Craig has excellent submissions and is underrated by a lot of people.

It was one of the biggest flukes in UFC history.
^^^^^^^^This

Craig has excellent submissions and is underrated by a lot of people.
Lmao at a submission artist pulling off a submission and that being a fluke. You called it a fluke, then said the guy is underrated and has excellent submissions? It wasn’t a fluke.

Lmao at a submission artist pulling off a submission and that being a fluke. You called it a fluke, then said the guy is underrated and has excellent submissions? It wasn’t a fluke.
A hail mary touchdown pass is a planned play. Pulling it off at the last second against a superior team is a fluke.

i don't hold it against him, but it makes me wonder if that was a peek into how he reacts when the going gets tough. it's one of the biggest things i look for in prospects, how they react to adversity.

Paul craig has caught a lot of guys in that hail mary triangle. Ankalaev was making his debut and shouldn't have gone into craigs guard when he didn't have to. He was winning the whole fight.

And craigs been ranked somewhere in the top 15 on and off for about a year. He's not as bad as you're making out.

He would easily murder Craig in the first in a rematch. He dominated Craig on the ground and stand up for 14 minutes and 55 seconds of that fight, one of the biggest flukes ever.

Magomed is easily the most talented guy at LHW, even Fedor had been saying he's the next big thing before he joined the ufc.

Craig's about to TKO the guy Ankalaev is calling out, at UFC 255. Paul Craig is a damn decent fighter.

Craigs fighting style is to get beat for 2 rounds and try to submit his opponent in the 3rd

Craigs fighting style is to get beat for 2 rounds and try to submit his opponent in the 3rd
He just simply looked out classed in that fight, it was definitely not planned for him to get dominated the whole fight and get a sub in the exact last second.

He just simply looked out classed in that fight, it was definitely not planned for him to get dominated the whole fight and get a sub in the exact last second.
Off course not, but his two wins after that where late 3rd rounds subs as well :D

Back