Fighters you liked but others hated

Mesos

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
So we all know theres certain fighters that where/are very unpopular with the fans. Which fighters did you like that many other people hated?

Heres two of mine:

Bisping: Hes well liked now by the fans but years ago a ton of people hated Bisping and thought he was an asshole. I always liked him as a fighter and as a person. Think hes more emotional than anything and its what used to get him in trouble alot.

Rockhold: Its easy to hate the guy tbh. Hes rich, hot, a professional model, former champion, gets 10/10 pussy whenever he wants and of course hes cocky sometimes. But I still have always been a fan. His kicking technique is excellent and his Jujitsu is ridiculous. Its probably some of the best in all of UFC, Its that good. Also I think Rockhold in real life is a nice guy who's sometimes acts socially awkward. Probably just overcompensates in social situations and comes off as cocky to people. The whole other thing about him talking shit about fighters is fine by me. This is the fight game and its very competitive, some promoting with shit talking comes with the territory.

What fighters do you like that other people hate? It can be from past or present.

dd14d0da9f4d4352e54ef6d364050ec3.gif

People hate/hated on him for no reason but he was always my boy

insert any fighters name

\ thread

nope, most fighters dont have alot of people that hate them. If you really think that then UFC would fail as a company lmao. Most fighters are either seen as neutral(not popular) or well liked.

Only a few fighters get hated on by alot of people.

Palhares, Vitor. Maybe Sonnen (is he really hated)

Ppl hated Cody for a long time. I never got it. They seem to have come around on him as of late.

Vitor

MVP

Charles "Crazy Horse" Bennet

Jason "Mayhem" Miller

Nick and Nate

Cm punk, although people see him as a joke to the sport, he represents the every man, pretty sure if any of us joined Mma at the highest level with a year or two of training we wouldn’t look very different. Add that to the massive lights and grand stage with the disparity in skill you can’t help but root to see him win.

Ben Askren, he was like a breath of fresh air to the sport of MMA and he really did made 2019 so great for the sport for his presence and not necessarily for the good of him.

Also TJ Dillashaw. Man people were roasting him here brutally in 2017 before he fought Cody, calling him a snake or whatnot but he made a change for the good of his career and it payed off, can you really hate that? Who the hell in their right mind would want to train in Team Beta Male?

I'll add Usman cause he hasn't been mentioned yet. He seems almost universally disliked around here, cause he can be boring inside and outside of the octagon. But he's an absolutely dominant champ and I'm a fan.

I don't hate any fighters really. If you're brave enough to get into the Octagon and compete against the best in the world for our entertainment, you have my respect.

Back