What are your favorite transition in MMA?

Beastos

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I just love when a fighter goes from boxing to wrestling and does it smoothly. I honestly think Fedor is the king of transitioning. Khabib does it really well too. Post your gifs of your favorite examples of transitioning from one art to the other.

One of my favorites is Rashad vs Rampage:

computer screen resolution

Another:

GSP was great at mixing it up. That’s what made him so versatile. What GSP did to Bisping was really nice. Fedor did it against bigger opponents which looks really impressive.

Demetrius Johnson and RDA also.

the seemless transition From striking to grappling is a real thing of beauty when done well. Dillashaw also reminds me of this.

Last edited:
This doesn't really count but giving your opponent a taste of his own medicine

10001753.gif

Jon_Fitch__vs._B.J._Penn_2.gif

Jon_Fitch__vs._B.J._Penn_5.gif

This was BJ when he Fitch'd Fitch

Mounted crucifix gotta be the worst one lol. It’s like a slow death you know is coming and can’t get away from lol.

Yeah I've always loved seeing Fedor transition from a strike to a toss/takedown for a ground setup. There's just something about it that's graceful. It always felt like it was the golden standard for a high level MMA fighter.

GSP version of it was top notch too.

I thought Honda's judo toss into a submission was a thing of beauty .

De
GSP was great at mixing it up. That’s what made him so versatile. What GSP did to Bisping was really nice. Fedor did it against bigger opponents which looks really impressive.

Demetrius Johnson and RDA also.

the seemless transition From striking to grappling is a real thing of beauty when done well. Dillashaw also reminds me of this.

def, I should add that Mighty Mouse armbar from the takedown

The transition from normal to CTE tbh ngl

Back