News Geoff Neal hospitalized, Robbie Lawler tapped as replacement against Neil Magny on Aug. 29

JayPettryMMA

Danger Zone Aficionado
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Reaction score

Geoff Neal nearly died, here's his instagram post saying he was on dialysis (kidneys shut down)

I hope he's ok, he's home now recovering but dang. That's crazy. And Robbie stepping in on a card that Zabit just pulled out of? Lawler vs. Magny for five rounds, I'd be ok with that.

Confirmed by ESPN

Last edited:
Yikes. Recover fast.

War Lawler I was wondering where he's been. Magny should be a fight he can win if he throws strikes instead of bobbing and weaving

Neal seems like a real stand up guy that speaks his mind with honest intentions. You can't help but root for a guy like that.

Hope Neal is ok. Props to Robbie for taking the fight. Magny and him are those type of fighters who doesn't want BS and only take care of business. Would be a fun fight.

Daaaaaaaamn Geoff is a beast. Hope he can pull through this and continue his march to the title

Glad he's ok. I was reeally looking forward to hammering a Neal/Rakic parlay tho

It's official. Robbie Lawler vs. Neil Magny.
I hope Neal feels better, and I’m sad he isn’t getting this fight. That’s one hell of a last second replacement though.

Back