News Geoff Neal hospitalized, Robbie Lawler tapped as replacement against Neil Magny on Aug. 29

Tough come back for Lawler, Magny is very under-rated, has won 4 of his last 5 and is a tough match-up for Lawler. Lawler is 38 and on the tail end of his career. Would rather see Lawler fight Pettis or Nate Diaz for a farewell fight.

Good fight. Magny survived Lombard's storm, so I can totally see him survive Robbie's, then get a UD.

Although it's nice to see Robbie back at, this would have been a great opportunity for Chimaev to step in against magny and build on his rising stardom.

Mannnn been so long seeing the JBG apostle in the octagone, fuck yeah! War Lawler!!

Damn poor Neal. Kidney failure at 30... does anyone know why he sustained kidney failure? Was it dehydration or cutting?
if he said that, Dana wouldve already cut him

Last edited:

Geoff Neal nearly died, here's his instagram post saying he was on dialysis (kidneys shut down)

I hope he's ok, he's home now recovering but dang. That's crazy. And Robbie stepping in on a card that Zabit just pulled out of? Lawler vs. Magny for five rounds, I'd be ok with that.

Confirmed by ESPN

Glad hes okay but hes not telling us everything here. Extermely rare for kidneys to suddenly shut down for no reason. Maybe he took something or has a genetic defect he inherited?

Sherdocs, what could be the cause of kidney failure in your late 20's? Doesn't seem normal for a guy who presumably lives a healthy lifestyle.

Hope he'll be alright.

robbie lawler the most annoying current fighter to cheer for..easy win for anyone these days--see robbie duck n weave and make faces

Dont get outworked in this one Robbie, one more vintage performance pla pla pla please

Tough to see Neal have to go through something life threatening since he seems like a good dude, but glad he's recovering. I was sooo looking forward to this fight as this would've been a good indicator as to where he stands against a durable and cardio machine like Magny. Hope he gets well enough to fight before the end of the year. Feed him Chisea to him I say!

Sherdocs, what could be the cause of kidney failure in your late 20's? Doesn't seem normal for a guy who presumably lives a healthy lifestyle.

Hope he'll be alright.

He could be genetically predisposed to kidney problems.

he will get out worked and then beaten and at the end of the round he will make a face insinuating "ok, alright not bad" and the next round he will get rocked but pretend to dodge it while ducking and weaving. this fight will be different i see a knock out for someone

War Neal, heal up.

Looks every bit of 50 in those pics

Back