DC expects Habib to outwrassle GSP

Hirashin

This is not a profession
Banned
Reaction score

He says Habib will take GSP down!

Ariel disagrees though.

Well ofc he can and would take him down
Can't see why would anyone disagree on that.

GSP is nearly 40 and fought once in 7 years.

I know Khabib is overrated but that's still a big ask for George
Never mind that he is completely recovered, fresh, motivated and the much bigger guy? You forget that GSP was ragdolling the 170 lbs D1 wrasslers easily, they were confused at his unbelievable strength couldn't figure out how he was so powerful.

Never mind that he is completely recovered, fresh, motivated and the much bigger guy? You forget that GSP was ragdolling the 170 lbs D1 wrasslers easily, they were confused at his unbelievable strength couldn't figure out how he was so powerful.

You're not gonna be too fresh at 40 years old with two reconstructed knees and having already fought 15 Championship fights.

It's like people said maybe Chucks chin would have recovered for his comeback after his time off but he was slower and more fragile than ever.

GSP is undoubtedly going to be slower and I guess we'll see on how fragile he is.

The big issue IMHO would be how GSP deals with getting potentially taken down, previously when its happened its been wrestlers like Kos and Hendricks who didn't really threaten much from top position.

Well 2017 GSP took down Bisping iirc but he also got sliced up from the bottom.

This fight is overhyped tho GSP is retired let him stay retired.
Khabin ending on a Conor-Poirier-Gaethje-Ferguson streak looks better to me. I would even take a Poirier/Conor rematch if one of those 2 beats Ferguson or a fight with the 170 champ before a GSP fight. Don't see the point from a sport standpoint but I get why Khabib wants it. It was his father dream fight after all and a pretty interesting and entertaining one despite all I said before.

This whole situation smells like an incoming epic fuckup.

I've never seen a bunch of people looking past someone or something so much in a while.

I fully expect for Khabib to murder Gathje... on paper.... but this whole thing is like they are asking for Karma to happen.

This is not a normal Khabib fight... his dad just passed away, he hasn't been active in a little while... and Gaethje is just so full of confidence and, I'm assuming, ANGER, lots and lots of anger...

And at what weight class is he fighting GSP? Does anyone know anything really?

2011 GSP makes khabib look like a b level fighter even if khabib was at the stage he is now.

Khabib would probably be a tough fight for GSP now though. He's wayyyyy past his prime

Back