Yas Island heat/AC situation?

HockeyBjj

Putting on the foil
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Anyone have some confirmation the arena is actually Air Conditioned? Not just mobile Ac units in the dressing rooms and then shaded in the octagon like last time where it was about 100 F during the fights?

Or do we still only have speculation?

It's Abu Dhabi. There'll be something i'm sure.

tumblr_oprzosUiGB1skawvvo2_500.gifv

Anyone have some confirmation the arena is actually Air Conditioned? Not just mobile Ac units in the dressing rooms and then shaded in the octagon like last time where it was about 100 F during the fights?

Or do we still only have speculation?
I’m keeping any eye on this as well. Not locking any picks or bets till I find out about this.

I’m keeping any eye on this as well. Not locking any picks or bets till I find out about this.

Similar boat, although I already made some I’d have made either way regardless of heat situation (basically main lines, since don’t want to take anyone by decision if guys are completely gassing in the late rounds if they’ve been losing)

If you can remember it, tag me if you see something official

AC or no AC is def going to be a factor for some fighters I would imagine. It'll get fucking hot in there if there is no AC. It was def mentioned again and again last time by commentators and the fighters themselves.

It’s no public, so I’m guessing much smaller venue and no crowd = much easier to control temp compared to the Khabib fight.

It would be extremely surprising if they set up the hotel, octagon on the beach, 4 covid tests per fighter, charter flights, etc., and didn’t have this down for one of the biggest events ever. I guess we’ll see once there’s actual footage of the venue.

It would be extremely surprising if they set up the hotel, octagon on the beach, 4 covid test per fighter, charter flights, etc., and didn’t have this down. I guess we’ll see once there’s actual footage of the venue.

I will never, ever, underestimate the UFC’s ability to fuck something up

The fact that it’s 4 days away and no ones said anything and there’s just hype taglines (the octogan isn’t actually on beach, that’s just a photo op one) is worrisome

Similar boat, although I already made some I’d have made either way regardless of heat situation (basically main lines, since don’t want to take anyone by decision if guys are completely gassing in the late rounds if they’ve been losing)

If you can remember it, tag me if you see something official
I also need to find out about the cage size too. So Well look out for each other on those. <LucyBless>
It’s crazy we have to think about all this stuff now

I also need to find out about the cage size too. So Well look out for each other on those. <LucyBless>
It’s crazy we have to think about all this stuff now

Cage size I’ve heard multiple times is back to the full sized cage

Editing in one source
https://sports.yahoo.com/fight-isla...bout-uf-cs-bubble-in-abu-dhabi-185930243.html

Epstein (UFC’s operations officer) confirmed that the 30-foot Octagon will be in use for the fight cards, not the 25-foot cage that has become so popular during the June shows at Apex.

Back