Does Rogan do any good?

Blanqa Blanqua

Sherdog God Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Basic question for his fans. Does he do any good works?

He has extraordinary wealth & an extraordinary platform.

Does he use any of it for good works? Any charities or foundations?

Just wondering.

Edit:

I will be updating the thread soon, with more info and also peoples eg’s. There was some ambiguity and misperceptions. This isn’t a hate thread. Keen to keep the discussion going, just gimme 24hrs to update this OP ok?

Last edited:
Not sure about charities, however he has been an incredible voice for the people of this generation.
He has changed the media industry with the style of his interviews; he gets extraordinary people and has regular/ normal conversations with them, which helps make them feel more human and personable.
That combined with how he's helped the spread and evolution of mma is good enough imo

Not sure about charities, however he has been an incredible voice for the people of this generation.
He has changed the media industry with the style of his interviews; he gets extraordinary people and has regular/ normal conversations with them, which helps make them feel more human and personable.
That combined with how he's helped the spread and evolution of mma is good enough imo

lol ok

I understand stoners like him, and some UFC fans.

But actually that would be a no.

He gave Schaub a career is that charity enough?
tenor.gif

He does some good, and some bad. I'm not sure it equals out, though.

I have no evidence but I feel pretty confident that he gives away a ton to charities, just chooses not to speak about it, and asks the charities to stfu about it.

Because think about it, you are Joe Rogan, do you want to be known for a guy that gives away money for "good causes" ? I guarantee you he already has a bunch of people contacting him every day for money for this and that. If it gets out he is a big giver then all kinds of crooks from every corner of the world will crawl out with their schemes.

I read that he did donate all his elk meat to feed fire fighters some time ago though

I have no evidence but I feel pretty confident that he gives away a ton to charities, just chooses not to speak about it, and asks the charities to stfu about it.

Because think about it, you are Joe Rogan, do you want to be known for a guy that gives away money for "good causes" ? I guarantee you he already has a bunch of people contacting him every day for money for this and that. If it gets out he is a big giver then all kinds of crooks from every corner of the world will crawl out with their schemes.

I read that he did donate all his elk meat to feed fire fighters some time ago though

this whole post is lols

{<jordan}

A ton of good. He is a rare positive and educational influence for much of the US male population that is being pulled in the other direction constantly. If anti-intellectualism is to be defeated he rather than any snobby academic is the best hope cause I feel he can get the concept that being smart is acknowledging what you don't know through to people.

I am a pretty anti free speech(as modernly interpreted which IMO is a license to be wrong more than a civil liberty) person, think the exchange of free ideas has been a pretext to muddy what a fact is, and has and will continue to have irreparable consequences. I just find the idea that the right idea will win the contest of idea's just on the merit to be laughable(climate change, trickle down etc). But Rogan's way of interviewing everyone I think is the best possible way that sort of thing can be done. His podcast is not all too different from say something on C-Span(say book tv) except the way he frames conversations means people will actually watch.

I think he might honestly end up being more influential in ending this era of predatory capitalism than someone like Bernie. Not cause he's smarter or has better ideas but just his ability to get people to listen.

He paid for Miriam Nakamoto's surgery. I don't know about charities but he's a very generous guy to his friends and he gives interesting people a platform to speak on his podcast.

Back