Best Fights I Missed

KhabibTheBeagle

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I used to visit here all the time, and watched fights along with the PBP religiously for a years. But due to work, I haven't been able to watch many fights live for about the past year, aside from a few highlights on YT.

While I'm stuck at home, I've decided to get Fight Pass again - what are the best fights from the last year that I've probably missed?

Adesanya v Gastelum, might be more than a year ago but that was a cracker. Also Joanna v Zhang Weili. (among others)

Tony vs Gaethje of course. Ngannou's run (takes about 2'). Stipe vs DC 2. Joanna vs Zhang. CCC vs Moraes. Masvidal vs Nate.

Vincent Luque fights are always great, same with Matt Brown obviously, Marlon Vera, Niko Price.

Korean zombie vs yair Rodriguez

This sucks.

I've posted a couple threads years ago about barely known prelim fights, and they no longer turn up in the search results.

There was this one fight between two guys that were like maybe Filipino or Thai? They were maybe 135lbs and absolutely went to WAR in their prelim fight. Literally one of the best fights I've ever seen. No damn clue who they are. They were both absolutely gifted and talented strikers, and I can't recall seeing them since. What a shame.

I used to visit here all the time, and watched fights along with the PBP religiously for a years. But due to work, I haven't been able to watch many fights live for about the past year, aside from a few highlights on YT.

While I'm stuck at home, I've decided to get Fight Pass again - what are the best fights from the last year that I've probably missed?
The fights people mentioned so far are good. I would add Cody Garbrandt vs Munhoz, Weidman vs Reyes, Rockhold vs Jan. It's always fun watching these type of fights, much different experience than stuff like Usman vs Colby etc....

Lee vs Oliveira was entertaining and the first event with no audience. Valentina vs Jessica Eye is good. Adesanya vs Whittaker. Maia vs Askren.

Missed Nate vs Conor II because I was at a festival. I stayed away from social media and, obviously, Sherdog and MMA media, but I was spoiled by fucking 9gag while coming back home. I was so gutted I didn't even watch it.

This sucks.

I've posted a couple threads years ago about barely known prelim fights, and they no longer turn up in the search results.

There was this one fight between two guys that were like maybe Filipino or Thai? They were maybe 135lbs and absolutely went to WAR in their prelim fight. Literally one of the best fights I've ever seen. No damn clue who they are. They were both absolutely gifted and talented strikers, and I can't recall seeing them since. What a shame.
I know exactly the fight, watched it when it happened and it was super fun. A prelim bout from a FP event in like 2014/2015 I wanna say.

In the UFC: Riddell-Mullarkey and Cejudo-Moraes were pretty solid.

Back