Where does Lawler stand?

Rockman14

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Do you think he’ll still be elite in his next few fights?

Not a good showing against Colby but Colbys proven to be a tough opponent, good showing against askren even though he lost, and then the loss against RDA, so yea where does he stand and who should he get next?

Robbie tore his ACL in the first round of that RDA fight, most likely the reason he lost. Or was stationary the whole time. Honestly I wouldn't mind seeing him against either Wonderboy or even a Woodley rematch (should Woodley lose to Leon.)

He hasn't won since 2017

He belongs to Belator

Still? He's not elite anymore now. He's 38 and lost 4 of his last 5. I don't think he has more than 1 or 2 fights left before retiring

I think the back to back wars with McDonald, and Condit took a lot out of him physically. None of those three fighters were the same after those fights. Robbie will always be one of my favorite fighters. The guy lived up to his moniker.

He's going to be a gatekeeper for as long as he decides to stick around. However he's making good money so he might stick around for a few fights yet.

Other than KO'ing Askren then waking him up with the followup shot and losing by sub while giving a thumbs up, he is basically done.

Can't see him beating many in the top10 at this point.

Robbie tore his ACL in the first round of that RDA fight, most likely the reason he lost. Or was stationary the whole time. Honestly I wouldn't mind seeing him against either Wonderboy or even a Woodley rematch (should Woodley lose to Leon.)
I don't why that wb Lawler match is so elusive. Wb has wanted it forever.

Robbie's long past his prime.

Guys who have those kinds of wars don't stick around too long. He looked very slow in the Colby fight.

Robbie Lawler will always be one of my all time favorite fighters. But that being said you can't be a stand and bang until one dies type of fighter and have any kind of longevity. It's amazing he's lasted as long as he has... But durability is finite....

The most disturbing thing I saw from Robbie's last fight was the way he pretty much covered up while Colby peppered him with shots when the fight was on the feet. They weren't bombs, just standard volume strikes. You would think that the guy would've been more than happy to box with Colby, and that he'd probably have an advantage on the feet. It was honestly akin to his fight with Ben too. Lawler started out tremendously, and then kind of just let a really hurt opponent survive and take control over him. It's honestly like Robbie's developed a fear of success.

He’s slowed down. I imagine he doesn’t have many fights left before he hangs them up. Was a great ride though

I think the back to back wars with McDonald, and Condit took a lot out of him physically. None of those three fighters were the same after those fights. Robbie will always be one of my favorite fighters. The guy lived up to his moniker.
Same. He's a goddamned warrior.

Robbie is a warrior man. The 2nd fight with Rory Mac is my favourite fight of all time. I'll always hold him in high regard because of that and the other wars he's been in, regardless of what happens now.

WW is full of killers and I’m not sure Robbie can take the punishment at this point.

Still had a GOAT-worthy title run and JBG-worthy title reign.

Do you think he’ll still be elite in his next few fights?

Not a good showing against Colby but Colbys proven to be a tough opponent, good showing against askren even though he lost, and then the loss against RDA, so yea where does he stand and who should he get next?

Since the Colby fight where he sort of went on strike, he can go fuck himself imo.

Hard to root for a fighter who occasionally will just not GAF and not even try to fight.

Back