Times when pre-fight antics WORKED

Fatback96

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
When was a time when pre-fight antics actually affected the outcome of the fight? This could mean press conferences, weigh ins, face offs, social media, etc.

I’ll start:
yvg3355cl3j41.jpg

This not only led to Rountree losing badly, but also semi-retiring as well.

After that I really thought Bangkok ready Rountree would smesh this guy.

GSP was already mentally checked out. Hard lesson learned the best way.
8VvHN33r09xe4I35VoIllQmPMuyA1uClw0aXGto-FnJRzI_qorMqWapcsWF5MHGUKhVEsGJvfkrPENrcZGlNfyURNlmE6vWAVJNamXuMA8EMcf4aOHQ

weidman gave silva the kiss of death before knocking him the fuck out!

t7WWyD.gif

When was a time when pre-fight antics actually affected the outcome of the fight? This could mean press conferences, weigh ins, face offs, social media, etc.

I’ll start:
yvg3355cl3j41.jpg

This not only led to Rountree losing badly, but also semi-retiring as well.
i love the gif off this !!

giphy.gif

lmao that reaction from rountree is just like herb dean in the reem vs bigfoot fight!

91d9c22c5b46a811f2ae7194801b0a51.jpg

That was crazy...Khalil went from shitty, to looking like Buakaw Muay Thai God, back to shitty. What an adventure

I'll go with a less obvious one. Nobody saw it but Joanna pulled a Mike Tyson on Carla Esparza.

While they were in the back warming up the red and blue locker rooms were side by side and Carla had to listen to Joanna hit the pads screaming for 2 hours until they both went out and fought.

Can't remember who, but Cowboy Cerrone seemed to get psyched out by a former friend that he had to fight acting mad at him. He does much better when things are cool.

This got a lot of traction at the time, I remember people saying that was the mask the kidnappers were wearing when they took Vitor's sister
Oh really?? That’s dirty as fuck.

I thought at the time Vitor was calling Anderson fake as heck and wears a mask in public not showing who he really is.

damn now that makes you kinda think Anderson was involved in vitors sisters kidnapping..

Back