Media Dan Hardy's Top 10 fights of the Decade

GoshiShun17

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score

I must say I'm not a big fan of number 1.
I know I'm gonna catch heat for it but I have my personal reasons. But it's definitely a solid list.

Here's his list

10 - Swanson v Choi

9 - Edgar v Maynard III

8 - Rodriguez v Korean Zombie

7 - Poirier v Gaethje

6 - Arlovski v Browne

5 - Gustafsson v Jones

4 - Lawler v MacDonald II

3 - McGregor v Diaz I

2 - Adesanya v Gastelum

1 - Henderson v Shogun I

Last edited:
It's a promo list written by the UFC which is then handed to Dan to rationalise... In other words the most popular fights, and he's shilling.

I imagine his real list looks a lot different.

Last edited:

I know I'm gonna catch heat for it but I have my personal reasons. But it's definitely a solid list.

Come on fam cliffs, or at the very least a list of the fights, no one's watching through 18 minutes of that video.

how bout this one?
tumblr_np4sgxoO0I1tugoyjo1_400.gif

Here's his list

10 - Swanson v Choi

9 - Edgar v Maynard III

7 - Poirier v Gaethje

6 - Arlovski v Browne

5 - Gustafsson v Jones

3 - McGregor v Diaz I

2 - Adesanya v Gastelum

1 - Henderson v Shogun I

You're welcome

how the hell can someone NOT be a fan of #1, you have to have absolutely no soul to dislike #1.

It's a promo list Twitter by the UFC which is then handed to Dan to rationalise... In other words the most popular fights, and he's shilling.

I imagine his real list looks a lot different.
How would yours look?? At least 4 or 5 of those, 6 or 7 even are solid locks IMO

Here's his list

10 - Swanson v Choi

9 - Edgar v Maynard III

7 - Poirier v Gaethje

6 - Arlovski v Browne

5 - Gustafsson v Jones

3 - McGregor v Diaz I

2 - Adesanya v Gastelum

1 - Henderson v Shogun I

You're welcome

Week

How would yours look?? At least 4 or 5 of those, 6 or 7 even are solid locks IMO

Different... Albeit some are locks.

Dan was still fighting 10 years ago... He also didn't include a single English fighter. There's no way that's his real list.

It's a generic selection released by the UFC which hardy got paid for. That's it.

how the hell can someone NOT be a fan of #1, you have to have absolutely no soul to dislike #1.
Ok let me explain. First off, I don't like watching people perform who I don't believe are in top form. Shogun was only just shy of 30 years old in that fight and had just rebounded off his title loss to Jones by making quick work of Griffin in Brazil.

Shogun had always been heralded as one of the better strikers in MMA, and going up against 41 year old man Dan, I believed Shogun was supposed to whoop him. Obviously I was wrong. It was a back and forth but Dan did most of the damage.

I also for some strange reason, don't like seeing Shogun get beat up. I feel sorry for him when he does. I don't know why. It's apart of the job.

Anyway besides heart and power, that we all knew both fighters possessed, I was not impressed by the technical aspects of the fight. And I don't like old man beating up young men. It makes the sport look bad IMO.

Here's his list

10 - Swanson v Choi

9 - Edgar v Maynard III

7 - Poirier v Gaethje

6 - Arlovski v Browne

5 - Gustafsson v Jones

3 - McGregor v Diaz I

2 - Adesanya v Gastelum

1 - Henderson v Shogun I

I already made this thread yesterday. Do a search next time.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/dan-hardy-gives-his-top-10-ufc-fights-of-the-decade.4085751/

I don't think age plays a part in mma if the fighters still have a chin and their skill level is either similar to their prime or they have adapted so they can still compete.

Edgar Maynard 3 could've been swapped with the 2nd fight, Rodriguez Jung could've swapped with Jung Poirier, Arlovksi Browne could've been swapped with hunt Silva 1, Diaz McGregor being higher than any of the other fights is quite odd as well, it wasn't even better than their 2nd bout.

Adesanya Gastelum taking presidence over Yoel Vs Whittaker 2 is a joke. Even Weidman Vs Jacare was a better war than that.

Adesanya Gastelum taking presidence over Yoel Vs Whittaker 2 is a joke. Even Weidman Vs Jacare was a better war than that.
Lol. I strongly disagree. You must have not saw that fight live. Even you didn't though it's still clear that Gastelum vs. Adesanya was a much higher technical chess match than the other two you mentioned. Also more back and forth.

I also believe both fighters showed a higher level of athleticism and speed, both used more weapons. It was such a fresh and highly anticipated matchup and they both were just hungrier.

It could be number 1 for me. I don't see how anyone could not appreciate that fight.

Back