Assuncao vs Garbrandt predictions

GrayArea

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Cody makes his return on March 28th but there’s not much buzz about it. Oddsmakers have Cody as a -150 favorite vs Assuncao as a +130 underdog.

I’m gonna wait for method of victory odds to be made available on my site as I’ll be taking Assuncao to win by KO/TKO.

How do you guys see this fight going?

I got Assuncao by KO/TKO as well. Cody is as good as done. Biggest one-hit wonder in MMA history.

Cody should be one step ahead of Assuncao so long as he doesn't try to brawl it out.

Cody has a very limited lead game, his counter game is insane but when he's trying to pressure he's slower and less fluent.

Assuncao's defence isn't as sharp as before but as long as he doesn't rush things he should be the safe bet for a slow paced fight with both guys looking to counter. I think his overhand, takedowns and timing will save him from any insane barrages

Cody the better physical qualities but assuncao has high fighting IQ as it gets and very underrated power. I see Cody travelling one last time(he retires) to the shadow realm.

Hopefully Raphael via KO and Cody becomes the Chris Weidman of Bantamweight.

But I think Garbrandt takes it and aks for a titleshot.

Great co-main, cant wait to see it live.

I think Cody takes it UD.

Cody's wrestling could nullify Raphael's BJJ and standup I give the edge to Cody, but Assuncao is historically underrated IMO.

I got Assuncao by KO/TKO as well. Cody is as good as done. Biggest one-hit wonder in MMA history.
ScreenShot2013-05-27at3.25.02AM_crop_north.png

Great co-main, cant wait to see it live.

I think Cody takes it UD.

Cody's wrestling could nullify Raphael's BJJ and standup I give the edge to Cody, but Assuncao is historically underrated IMO.

You got tickets?

I'm thinking about making the trip down. Never been to Columbus before.

I'm 50/50 right now on going. I do like the early start time though, I think the main card is on at 7.

Retirement for Cody if he can't even win this one

Win or lose, Cody is always entertaining, exciting and fun af to watch. War Cody.

Good matchmaking, could go either way imho. I am leaning Assuncao because he is way more well-rounded and because Cody has shown terrible fight IQ in his recent fights.

Cody will look good for 2 minutes, get tagged once and then go into spazz mode probably.

Assuncao by KO/TKO. Cody might make it competitive for a rd or so.

They are very different though. Serra was not known to be any kind of world beater prior to his GSP fight. Cody looked unstoppable on his way to the title. He was KO-ing people left and right and was undefeated up until his first title defense.

I wish Cody once again bangs away but takes a win this time. Makes for a crazy fight.

They are very different though. Serra was not known to be any kind of world beater prior to his GSP fight. Cody looked unstoppable on his way to the title. He was KO-ing people left and right and was undefeated up until his first title defense.

Still a 1 hit wonder, literally.

Necktats takes another nap. His chin has gotten worse and worse since the Dillashaw fights. I don't foresee it getting better, and I think he gets hurt bad or ko'd if anybody lands clean on him at this point.

Back