Poll: When Is Tapping to Strikes Acceptable?

When is tapping to strikes acceptable?

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
lewis-pugh-quote-lbc4s2a.jpg

Courage_40f162_227921.jpg

to-a-coward-courage-always-looks-like-stupidity-quote-1.jpg

e73cc375be8a8e399b0be590818b38c8.png

Last edited:
I'd say it becomes "acceptable" (i.e., doesn't diminish the fighter) once the fight is clearly lost.

When you have a broken arm or your knees are destroyed(Santos).

It can never be always acceptable. And it can't often be rarely acceptable. So must be sometimes acceptable.

When Mario Yamasaki is officiating the fight

It is always acceptable, just like refusing to go up in weight is acceptable. But then, don't go around calling yourself the GOAT, when there are fighters who have never tapped to strikes in their primes

GSP tapping to strikes wasn't acceptable......Gave up ASAP didn't sustain a beaten, showed ZERO heart....Had no family/kids at the time.
qb8jOnl.gif

GSP+tapping+to+Strikes.gif

Shogun tapping to strikes was acceptable....The fight had already ended before he tapped first of all, so the tap didnt even count.....Shogun got the shit beat out of him for rounds by a known ROIDED Fighter, he still showed amazing heart, trying and trying until the end....Shogun also had kids/wife at the time....

shogun+taps.gif

Always..

Anyone ever get CTE from a Broken Arm?

This nonsensical hatred of "tapping to strikes" needs to stop.

What is different from tapping to strikes and covering up and turtling until the ref stops it?

If you are truly hurt then you should tap my man. If you are tapping as an easy way out then it's lame.

I'd say it becomes "acceptable" (i.e., doesn't diminish the fighter) once the fight is clearly lost.
When is the fight "clearly" lost? Silva chocked out Sonnen in the last 30 seconds of the fight. MMA is so random anything could happen. The only justified reason to tap to strikes is when you have a broken arm(OSP kick) or a knee that is severly damaged(Santos). Prolonging the fight will only result in career-ending injuries.

When the ref isn’t doing their job and you are looking out for your own careers longevity.

It's acceptable anytime a pro fighter decides he needs to do it.

I don't have the courage nor the talent to get in the cage and fight, last thing I need to do is question them.

Never in Bob Sapp's case as the phantom/ghost punches never land <Eek2.0>

GSP tapping to strikes wasn't acceptable......Gave up ASAP didn't sustain a beaten, showed ZERO heart....Had no family/kids at the time.
qb8jOnl.gif

GSP+tapping+to+Strikes.gif

Shogun tapping to strikes was acceptable....The fight had already ended before he tapped first of all, so the tap didnt even count.....Shogun got the shit beat out of him for rounds by a known ROIDED Fighter, he still showed amazing heart, trying and trying until the end....Shogun also had kids/wife at the time....

shogun+taps.gif
both were acceptable they only time it's not acceptable is when it's Bob Sapp
Many fighter could have had a much better career if they tap to strike like weidman when he faced rockhold

By the way... fully expecting this thread to become a massive GSP fans group therapy session

<GSPWoah>

Last edited:
When you are being hurt and cannot intelligently defend yourself.

Why is it ok to tap with a severely damaged ligament but you can’t tap with a severely damaged brain?

Back