Current UFC roster... UFC 1 rules (maybe no time limit)

MarcusAuerelius

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Its all in the title. UFC grew 'big and strong' since UFC 1, became a well regulated (to some extent) and almost a safe sport, arguably top 5 in the world and its extremely impressive.

Nevertheless, I cannot help but wonder if it still was an Open Weight, not time limit, 1 day tournament - would it make any difference? As in would it be undoubtedly Stipe > Jones Adesanya > Khabib and Usman > Volk? Do you see anyone like BJ Penn making it competitive against bigger guys (like Machida) or like Andy Hug laying waste on bigger opponents with ease... Do you think Shevchenko would have a chance vs Gabi Garcia?

DC as long as he doesn't get Stipe in the first round. I like him based on cardio and durability over time. If he gets Stipe the first round, it could go a way different direction. Maybe Frances (can't have a long fight) or Jones.

I like Jon Jones chances in UFC 1 rules. Not afraid to use dirty tactics and PEDs, plus an already hard to handle skillset and body type

Either Jones or Stipe

In the early days when smaller guys were more skilled they had a chance, now the bigger guys are equally skilled they're fucked

Jon Jones would be nearly unstoppable with UFC 1 rules, he'd be groin shotting and eye gouging the shit out of everyone, plus he'd be roided to the max. Not to mention 12-6 elbows, stomps, knees, and soccer kicks to the head of downed opponents. His only threat would be Ngannou landing a bomb on him.

On the women's side, Nunes would be on a heavy dose of EPO & blood doping so she'd have the cardio to go along with her power. She'd wreck the shit out of every woman in the sport.

Shane Carwin would light up anybody if he could kick people on the ground. No weight limit either

-Generally I go in and I fucking show somebody their life. It's up to them if they want to deal with it.

source.gif

On the women's side, Nunes would be on a heavy dose of EPO & blood doping so she'd have the cardio to go along with her power. She'd wreck the shit out of every woman in the sport.
I think a woman on your avatar could give Nunes some problems.

I like Jon Jones chances in UFC 1 rules. Not afraid to use dirty tactics and PEDs, plus an already hard to handle skillset and body type

Maybe young Jones but lately he either goes to a decision or a late round stoppage. That does not work well in a tournament setting with no time limits.

Based on his propensity for quick KOs, I would go with Ngannou. You really need some first round finishes to have a shot in the multiple fight format or you will be too beat up / tired by the end. Often people would withdraw even when they won fights.

It would be cool to see Natty GOAT and Yoel at their walkaround weight fighting LHWs and HWs.

Stipe, Jones, Ngannou, Israel, Costa, Reyes, Cormier, and Conor for shits and gigs would be the 8 Id want to see.

Back