Tony Ferguson vs. Dustin Poirier

Broad Blade

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
This fight could very well happen if Tony loses against Khabib. And if this fight ever happens, I sincerely believe it'll be the greatest lightweight fight of all time. The Ultimate Blood Bath & Guts...

Who's game and who do you think will win? I got Prime Diamond by late tko. God I hope this fight happens this year.

Last edited:
Alvarez said DP had quit inside of him, Tony would prove it.

i think Tony should be favourite vs khabib and he gets the choke/tko via cut in round 4 or 5.
Poirer would have nothing for tony imo. Dusting, while very good is a featherweight.

This fight is tailored made to embody the spirit of gladiators and to go the full 5 rounds with having a brutal finish in the end.

Dustin's grappling, submissions and wrestling is underrated. I think he wins on the ground and edges Tony on the feet.

MealyEsteemedAmberpenshell-size_restricted.gif

FloweryRewardingFunnelweaverspider-max-1mb.gif

RevolvingEasygoingArgusfish-size_restricted.gif

Dustin is not a southpaw besides his fighting stance<mma4>

I think Dustin finishes Tony. This should have been the fight for interim title and not Dustin vs Max. Anyways both of them are warriors and i respect and appreciate both of them for the entertaining fights.

i think Tony should be favourite vs khabib and he gets the choke/tko via cut in round 4 or 5.
Poirer would have nothing for tony imo. Dusting, while very good is a featherweight.

Naw, Dustin was 8-3 at FW with losses to Swanson, Conor and Korean Zombie. He was 9-2 at LW with losses to Khabib and MJ. So he had similar success at both weights but actually has more quality wins at LW (and an interim title if that means anything). Size wise, he’s pretty average LW so I don’t think it makes much sense to call him a FW.

Last edited:
Dustin is shot because of his hip. I don't think he can even grapple well. Not that Tony isn't shot but Tony probably trains through the pain.

Dustin hits very hard and is very competent on the feet.
He handled Max pressure quite well so I think he can do the same with Tony

I think Dustin wierd defense and power could get him the win

He can no longer cut down to FW.. and has admitted he is even contemplating a move to WW.

So how the hell is he a FW ?

Poirier matches up very well vs Tony.. a swarmer with pinpoint boxing and KO power. If Pettis and Lando can drop Ferg, Dustin sure can and he won't let him off the hook when he does..

Last edited:
Very bad matchup for Dustin. To be fair Dustin is not a champion material. His fight against Khabib was his highest point.

Was this before, during or after he got his ass whooped? Alvarez is dope but he really shouldn't trash talk Poirier but yes unfortunately he does have quit in him. Khabib is a superior fighter but I expected him to expect the top game and look for his moments and lose like iaquinta. Didn't expect such domination.

Very bad matchup for Dustin. To be fair Dustin is not a champion material. His fight against Khabib was his highest point.
if dustin keeps the fight on the feet I can see him a clean KO for the diamond, as good as ferguson is his boxing defense is just terribe.

tony wears him out standing and finishes with a darce

Tony would break him mentally and finish him by round 2 or 3.

This fight could very well happen if Tony loses against Khabib. And if this fight ever happens, I sincerely believe it'll be the greatest lightweight fight of all time. The Ultimate Blood Bath & Guts...
Who's game and who do you think will win? I got Prime Diamond by late tko. God I hope this fight happens this year.

1. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. We are about to experience arguably the highest level fight in MMA history when Tony takes on Khabib. Let that come to a boil first
2. This fight is going to happen even if Tony beats Khabib.
3. Tony vs Gaethje or Tony vs Conor will be even more mindblowing than Tony v Poirier.

Every time Tony gets into the octagon it is a monumental display of pure violence and savagery.
Only the biggest of jerk offs will have an issue with any of his fights or his style over the last 5 years.

<31>don't ever do this shit again, scheduling championship fights 6 months in advance<{danayeah}>

Back