Media Ariel: "most of the media that dictates the rankings dont exist"

xMaxPower

Red Belt
Reaction score

within the aljermain interview.

So aljermain goes through the list of MMA media that dictates a fighters ranking, proceeds to say:
"who are these people?"

Ariel goes:
"dont get me started on this... I dont even think they exist"

What Ariel is saying is that the UFC dictates the rankings of their fighters as most of the made up media that vote arent actually real and they are basically the UFC's votes. The UFC makes it seem like theyre not in control of the rankings becuase if they did, people would know that they have favoritism towards guys like Conor and whoever will make them more money.

Last edited:
Well, no kidding. It’s the biggest farce in all of “sports”. How can a guy with one loss in a division in 4 years even be ranked at all? It’s the UFC rankings determined by the UFC.

No shit. I thought that was established

Ariel salty that he isn't one of the cool kids that gets a say on the rankings

<DirkMavs>

It is known

<HisEye>

Last edited:
It was hilarious when that fucked them when Felder couldn't get a title fight with Khabib because NYC commission said he was ranked too low

So why don't you and all the other journalists actually apply to be among the rankers Ariel?

Actually make the effort to change them instead of just complaining.

before it was just speculation.
the biggest mma journalist out there called it out.
Now its almost fact.

I guess I was under the impression the UFC decided them out right but now that I sit back I see that the media was supposed to rank them.

I love when I find a good research topic

<{Joewithit}>
Gotta be aliens then.
Or the illuminati.

I thought this was common knowledge. There have been fighters that went up in the rankings before a big fight when people in front of them in the rankings didn't lose and they didn't win since their previous rank.

I don't know if they're real, but I remember seeing the list and thinking it was shit, not ever hearing of a lot of them.

People thought people outside the UFC had anything to do with the rankings listed by the UFC?

<mma4>

I thought this was common knowledge. There have been fighters that went up in the rankings before a big fight when people in front of them in the rankings didn't lose and they didn't win since their previous rank.

what youre doing here is speculation.
common knowledge is fact.

what youre doing here is speculation.
common knowledge is fact.

It's not speculation when someone moves up in rank before a big fight and no one ranked above them lost. It's an observation of something that happened.

There was actually a detailed thread about this here that I'll never be able to find. So, if someone remember it, please post it.

From what I remember, the people do exist, but they're obviously not historically knowledgeable about the sport, or had been covering it for any significant amount of time before being given the job.

So, while it's a bit of a stretch to say than the humans with those names simply don't exist, it's highly likely that the UFC is manipulating the rankings for their own personal interest.

Back