Michael Johnson back to lightweight to face Evan Dunham

Johnson's last fight was fucking frustrating to watch, completely threw that win away. Let's see if he screws up again this time.

BTW he moved back up to LW in his last fight.

I thought dunham had retired.

Edit: It says on his wiki page he did.

Evan Neil Dunham[8] (born December 18, 1981) is an American retired professional mixed martial artist formerly competing in the lightweight division of the Ultimate Fighting Championship, where he was the #13 contender in official UFC rankings.[9]

Dunham faced Francisco Trinaldo on September 22, 2018 at UFC Fight Night 137.[60] He lost the fight via knockout in the second round due to a knee to the body.[61] He announced his retirement after the fight.[62]

Last edited:
Haha the FWs kicked his ass out of the division.

Johnson's last fight was fucking frustrating to watch, completely threw that win away. Let's see if he screws up again this time.

BTW he moved back up to LW in his last fight.

But he did beat the GOAT only two fights ago so don't write him off just yet.

im an mj fan. it really is tough to see him lose fights he should win. he would benefit from going to tristar

Was actually thinking about Dunham the other day. Lost two in a row, figured he may have quietly retired. Johnson is kind of scuffling as well, but you'd think he can get a relatively easy win here.

MJ needs to stay at 155. He might be inconsistent but it's where he's fight his best at.

His power and speed can finish nearly anyone at LW, his biggest flaw is his IQ and his mind set is questionably weak as a fighter.

He still holds wins over Tony, Dustin and Artem so I believe he can still be a force at LW, just not a contender this late in his career.

Was actually thinking about Dunham the other day. Lost two in a row, figured he may have quietly retired. Johnson is kind of scuffling as well, but you'd think he can get a relatively easy win here.

I'm still salty about the Sherk robbery from ten years ago..

MJ is one of those guys who is better then there record would lead one to believe, IMO.

I'm still salty about the Sherk robbery from ten years ago..
Meh, first two rounds were close, feasible to say Sherk squeaked them out. Sherk got his ass kicked in the 3rd, should have been a 10-8 for a draw at least, but 10-8s weren't really a thing back then.

I can't wait...til I read about this on the internet the day after it happens. Wooo!

His last fight was at 155 tho
Lost to Steven Ray

Gosh darn it you're right!

iu

I thought dunham had retired.

Edit: It says on his wiki page he did.

Evan Neil Dunham[8] (born December 18, 1981) is an American retired professional mixed martial artist formerly competing in the lightweight division of the Ultimate Fighting Championship, where he was the #13 contender in official UFC rankings.[9]

Dunham faced Francisco Trinaldo on September 22, 2018 at UFC Fight Night 137.[60] He lost the fight via knockout in the second round due to a knee to the body.[61] He announced his retirement after the fight.[62]

I hate when fighters retire in the cage after a loss. They are just in the heat of the moment and reacting badly. They should just take some time to think about it.

MJ needs to stay at 155. He might be inconsistent but it's where he's fight his best at.

His power and speed can finish nearly anyone at LW, his biggest flaw is his IQ and his mind set is questionably weak as a fighter.

He still holds wins over Tony, Dustin and Artem so I believe he can still be a force at LW, just not a contender this late in his career.

I'm not so sure his loss of speed is due to dropping to FW, we will see in a return to LW but I think he's just not as fast due to wear and tear and head trauma reducing his reflexes rather than fighting FWs.

@NoBiasJustMMA I never said he loss speed I said his power and speed can be too much for anyone at LW but I was also talking about before he dropped down to FW so we really have no idea how he will do now. I agree with the amount of damage he's taken, he will definitely lose a step with both. Good fight either way

@NoBiasJustMMA I never said he loss speed I said his power and speed can be too much for anyone at LW but I was also talking about before he dropped down to FW so we really have no idea how he will do now. I agree with the amount of damage he's taken, he will definitely lose a step with both. Good fight either way

Yeah, I didn't mean to imply you meant his speed will return due to being at LW but a lot of people in general think that he might be slower at FW simply due to the lighter guys which I find to be incorrect. I agree it seems like a very good match up, as long as MJ doesn't have any major brain farts I expect it to be a good fight that lasts 10+ minutes.

Back