Max is a volume striker, not a KO artist and Volk fought brilliantly

Legendary

Ꮥµpǝɹnøʌɐ
@Black
Reaction score
Max has gotten stoppages, but it is because he hits you with dozens of shots and hurts you with accumulative damage. He could not match Volk's power and therefore couldn't get past his shots without eating a big one himself. Along with the leg kicks, this prevented him throwing volume without taking damage. Volk knew Max couldn't couldn't take him shot for shot, and forced him into a fight that he was highly unlikely to lose.

The key to beating these tall featherweights like Zabit, Max, Kattar, Woodsen, etc is taking away their legs, which slows down their movement, takes away their kicks and neutralizes the reach disadvantage. They often can't hit as hard shot for shot as the shorter and more muscular guys so this forces them to fight against their own natural advantages.

Fucking brilliant performance by Volk. I thought he nearly won every round.

Volk is the man and I agree about the great gameplan.
Still wanna see him vs Zabit tho.

Max is a good fighter but overrated as fuck by people like Joe Rogan. He's got five loses already 2X Porier, Bermudez, Mcgregor and now Volkanovski; in no way is this a GOAT resume.

We often hear how big Conor Mcgregor was for the featherweight division, Max is even bigger.

Ok? What you are saying we witnessed. Not sure what the point of this thread is.

Max fought the way he always does because he assumed Volk would fade in the later rounds when Max figured he could start pouring it on.

Except Volk didn't fade.

Also Max switched stances to avoid getting kicked but that did more harm than good.
This always happens when a champ loses. Somebody is going to bring up the 'oh he was never any good'

Max is a great fighter who got outsmarted by a very hungry contender with a perfect game plan. That takes nothing away from Max. He had a great run. It was a good fight. Max didn't get outclassed but he definitely got beat.

Max is a good fighter but overrated as fuck by people like Joe Rogan. He's got five loses already 2X Porier, Bermudez, Mcgregor and now Volkanovski; in no way is this a GOAT resume.

We often hear how big Conor Mcgregor was for the featherweight division, Max is even bigger.

Poirier (that's his name btw) was his 1st fight in the UFC and had just turned 20.Bermudez was a very debatable decision,the Conor fight was over 6 years ago and Dustin fight was 155 and doesn't effect his FW status.So the guys been dominant at 145 for 6 years and finally lost one but he's got 5 losses in his career and that's why he couldn't be considered FW goat?Sugar Ray Robinson had 19 losses,obviously he could never be considered the greatest of all time at MW,I mean WW,I mean overall.19 losses lol,that guy must have sucked.What an idiotic mentality.So who's the goat at FW?Aldo?Obviously he can't with your logic,he has even more losses.

I have a feeling max will win in the rematch. Idk but it seemed he wasnt really into the fight.

I have a feeling max will win in the rematch. Idk but it seemed he wasnt really into the fight.
Bet you said the same thing about Aldo after the Volk/Aldo fight. It's Volk that makes em look like that, his opponents don't know what to do in the face of an really well thought out game plan and Volk's execution of that game plan has been sensational.

Bet you said the same thing about Aldo after the Volk/Aldo fight. It's Volk that makes em look like that, his opponents don't know what to do in the face of an really well thought out game plan and Volk's execution of that game plan has been sensational.
No i didnt. But that aldo fight was shit. Volk survived by holding Aldo against the fence

No i didnt. But that aldo fight was shit. Volk survived by holding Aldo against the fence
He held him against the fence for about 5 minutes of a 15 minute fight. Survived implies that Aldo was at some stage actually looking dangerous. When Aldo loses a UD 30-27 on judges scorecards in Rio of all places you know he got shut out.

Poirier (that's his name btw) was his 1st fight in the UFC and had just turned 20.Bermudez was a very debatable decision,the Conor fight was over 6 years ago and Dustin fight was 155 and doesn't effect his FW status.So the guys been dominant at 145 for 6 years and finally lost one but he's got 5 losses in his career and that's why he couldn't be considered FW goat?Sugar Ray Robinson had 19 losses,obviously he could never be considered the greatest of all time at MW,I mean WW,I mean overall.19 losses lol,that guy must have sucked.What an idiotic mentality.So who's the goat at FW?Aldo?Obviously he can't with your logic,he has even more losses.

Comparing SRR's career with Holloway's c'mon now, Robinson had almost 150 wins by the the time he had 5 losses on his record. Also you talking about a guy who racked up the majority of his losses past his prime.

Not to trash on Holloway, but all the "consensive GOAT" talk was little much and a bit of kickback was expected. Holloway is definitely the second best at FW but he wasnt anywhere near the goat.

Max is a bit taller than McGregor (180cm to 175cm), but that's it; Conor has thicker limbs and waay more reach with 188cm which is slightly more than Darren Till, compared to Holloway's 175cm, which is one of the shortest reaches inside the top 10 at featherweight.

Look at pictures where Conor fights Khabib, Conor is easily the same size, but only Khabib gets shit for supposedly being such a big lightweight.

Comparing SRR's career with Holloway's c'mon now, Robinson had almost 150 wins by the the time he had 5 losses on his record. Also you talking about a guy who racked up the majority of his losses past his prime.

Not to trash on Holloway, but all the "consensive GOAT" talk was little much and a bit of kickback was expected. Holloway is definitely the second best at FW but he wasnt anywhere near the goat.

What are you talking about?I wasn't comparing their careers,I was using his stupid "he's got 5 losses no way he can be considered FW goat" mentality,that's it.

I don't need a lesson about SRR,I made this 15 years ago

He held him against the fence for about 5 minutes of a 15 minute fight. Survived implies that Aldo was at some stage actually looking dangerous. When Aldo loses a UD 30-27 on judges scorecards in Rio of all places you know he got shut out.
Thats 1 whole rounds lmao

Thats 1 whole rounds lmao
Out of 3. So for 10 minutes why didn't Aldo look dangerous, why did he look lost? Answer is Volk's team's game-plan and Volk's execution of it. See you on your next account bud.

What? Conor is much bigger than Max. Conor has the reach of a Middleweight and a much thicker body.

What are you talking about?I wasn't comparing their careers,I was using his stupid "he's got 5 losses no way he can be considered FW goat" mentality,that's it.

I don't need a lesson about SRR,I made this 15 years ago

Then you should know he didn't start piling up loses until late in his career. It was a bad example.

A 20% loss rate with 3 defenses is not a goat record by any stretch of the imagination.

Ps. That's a pretty good highlight video. Deserves more views than it has.

Out of 3. So for 10 minutes why didn't Aldo look dangerous, why did he look lost? Answer is Volk's team's game-plan and Volk's execution of it. See you on your next account bud.
Lmao you think its ok that a guy literally walls and stalls for an entire round. Yeah sure goat quality right there

The leg kicks were something we all thought Aldo would do in both fights and tbh it completely slipped my mind after a while.

When Volk started landing it looked so easy that it makes you wonder..

I can't ever figure a Max fight out. I think I have bet against him in three of his wins and bet on him in 2 of his losses. I do think he can beat Volk in the rematch. It just wasn't a dominant enough win for me to think otherwise.

Lmao you think its ok that a guy literally walls and stalls for an entire round. Yeah sure goat quality right there
Did I ever remotely say he was the GOAT? I said he had a great game plan and executed it making Aldo look hopeless for 15 whole minutes. Massive waste of time arguing with white belts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back