Volk is boring

GBcrazy

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
He won, he is the champion and he is good

But his last two fights sucked. Virtually no damage, no great skill display, he just outpoints (and using the same combos lol).

Colby and Usman looked like the most fantastic fight partly because of him (and his dancing partner holloway)

Hes short with long arms and good cardio.

Hes harder to hit via being a small target but has enough reach to hit you. He just taps and moves taps and moves and it's boring but effective

I think he's exciting and I like the guys attitude too. Very likeable dude. Is he really that boring though? I remember when Machida was coming up and all he would do was back pedal and literally point fight and people were praising him to the high Heavens. To each their own I guess. I really liked last night's fight.

I think he's exciting and I like the guys attitude too. Very likeable dude. Is he really that boring though? I remember when Machida was coming up and all he would do was back pedal and literally point fight and people were praising him to the high Heavens. To each their own I guess. I really liked last night's fight.
It was one of those fights that was fine in the moment, but I wouldn’t want to re-watch. When you’re seeing it live, you don’t know what’s gonna happen next. But once you see it play out, you’re not going to run back to see it again. Like Silva-Diaz.

His fight with Mendes was awesome. But his style sucks. Dart in and out, never stay in the pocket, dont really commit to headshots too much, no body or headkicks, wall n stall tactics. He's got awesome cardio but man his last 2 fights were snoozers

Volks an intelligent dude that very mentally strong ... That's why he won ... Boring fighter though for sure

But his last two fights sucked. Virtually no damage, no great skill display, he just outpoints (and using the same combos lol).

Colby and Usman looked like the most fantastic fight partly because of him (and his dancing partner holloway)
You shut your whore mouth.

WAR VOLK!!!!!

He's an extremely intelligent fighter and I find that entertaining. Different strokes for different folks.

I also found GSP entertaining, for what it's worth.

Last edited:
Yeah his last two fights were point fighting clinics but he has had some good scraps in the UFC.

He's not boring, that was just the only possible way he could've beaten Aldo and Holloway has that Hawaiian chin and didn't get rocked by some of Volk's really hard left hooks and right hands.

He did more damage than Holloway has in his past 3 fights combined.

He's Frankie Edgar with more power and explosion.

Looked like he landed tons of hard shots to me. He dominated Holloway. I was very surprised.

He is no less exciting than Holloway.

Lol @ no damage

Tell that to Max's legs

Back