Volkanovski Top 5 FW All-Time?

Mug

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Beat Aldo and Max who are neck and neck for FW goat beat mendes who is top 5 all time FW, hasn’t fought McGregor another arguable FW goat
But, both the aldo and max fights werent convincing domination imo, done enough to win if the Max fight went the other way I wouldnt have minded
Aldo was gun shy and never pulled the trigger also
Where does he rank in your opinion?

He just won a fight so he’s the P4P GOAT.

Max should be traded to Bellator or retire.

This is the most Sherdog post ever.

Most people on this forum had no clue who he was 18 months ago. Let the guy defend the title and build a resume.

Beat Aldo and Max who are neck and neck for FW goat beat mendes who is top 5 all time FW, hasn’t fought McGregor another arguable FW goat
But, both the aldo and max fights werent convincing domination imo, done enough to win if the Max fight went the other way I wouldnt have minded
Lost all credibility when you said if the fight went the other way you wouldn't have minded. Would have been daylight robbery if Max got the decision.

You're fired

This is the most Sherdog post ever.

Most people on this forum had no clue who he was 18 months ago. Let the guy defend the title and build a resume.
Thats true, but, im saying subjectively with Mendes, Holloway and Aldo on his resume all ready he can be in the conversation regardless of the rest of his career

There have only been 3 previous champs Aldo, Conor and Max so he's definitely in the top 5 FW champions.
Maybe it's a bit early to rank him top 5 over all but who keeps him out? Frankie and...... maybe he is top 5.

Imo he shutdown Aldo, but I'd have to rewatch the fight. But at the moment I'm content to say he's 3rd ranked champion on a purely numbers game . Aldo 1# max 2 .Volk 3. Only been 4 champions and I put beating Chad Aldo/ max is a better collection of names in the run to the title. Connor 4th imo.

But if he holds the title for sometime sure y not. He has a great record.

But imo opinion he is a better fighter than max and Aldo. But that's a different discussion than comparing records.

Lost all credibility when you said if the fight went the other way you wouldn't have minded. Would have been daylight robbery if Max got the decision.
Just saying i wouldnt have been overly upset with a 48-47 split decision but 48-47 volk was the correct score

There have only been 3 previous champs Aldo, Conor and Max so he's definitely in the top 5 FW champions.
Maybe it's a bit early to rank him top 5 over all but who keeps him out? Frankie and...... maybe he is top 5.
Does Frankie get in there though? Arguably stronger resume at the moment sure but there was never a time he was the best 145er in the world.

Imo he shutdown Aldo, but I'd have to rewatch the fight. But at the moment I'm content to say he's 3rd ranked champion on a purely numbers game . Aldo 1# max 2 .Volk 3. Only been 4 champions and I put beating Chad Aldo/ max is a better collection of names in the run to the title. Connor 4th imo..

Didn't Conor beat Max, Chad and Aldo to get the title too?

Does Frankie get in there though? Arguably stronger resume at the moment sure but there was never a time he was the best 145er in the world.
I do think frankie is in there not sure if hes above or behind mendes
1 or 2 Aldo and Max
3 Conor
4 or 5 Mendes and Edgar

Yes Frankie does so that's 4 with 1 more place in the top 5 for Volkanovski.
That's what I said and what you quoted wasn't it?

Edit or are you saying Frankie wouldn't be top 5? So that leaves Poirier or I don't know it's a struggle.

Didn't Conor beat Max, Chad and Aldo to get the title too?
Exactly, so pretty much on the same level as Conor just depending on how you view each win, arguably Conors wins over Aldo and Mendes were better version of those fighters and better wins but at the same time a 13 sec KO might be less than a 3 round shut out
Undoubtedly Volk beat a better Max

Yes Frankie does so that's 4 with 1 more place in the top 5 for Volkanovski.
That's what I said and what you quoted wasn't it?
No what I was asking is would you put Edgar ahead of Volk given the former has never been champion at 145 despite the arguably deeper resume.

Back