Colby's Antics

Brandon Dukes

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I'm curious if his antics make you hate him or not? I know he stated he changed because they were going to let him go in free agency. At first I hated it but now I laugh honestly. It reminds me so much of Chael's transformation but with more cringe. Chael went from being an average fighter to one of the most popular because of the change. I love Chael's trash talk and I totally understood why he switched.
All that said with. With so many guys like Joe Rogan, Brendan Schaub, and tons of others all saying Colby is the nicest guy ever and it's all act to keep his job. It's also made him a ton of cash. Do you hate him or do you like him? I'm pulling for him tonight.
Also, could one of you guys make it a poll please?

I grew to like him actually. But not due to his antics.

Its mildly entertaining but at least it's something. I hope he wins tonight. I probably wouldn't care at all I'd not for that so I guess it made.me like him more.

Weird question bc hes pretty universally hated in here. I really dont give a shit about him one bit tbh. I dont care for the talking game I care what your fights are like and his are normally turd burgers.

I'd like to see him win tonight. Mainly because I like Usman even less.

Only one demographic group gets to pull this to promote their fights.
Coincidentally it’s the same that make up the majority of the fan base, that’s why
it even has resonance as irrelevant as it is to fighting. Who you support politically has fuck all to do with fighting.

It really doesn't make me feel one way or the other because it's the fakest, cringiest shit ever.

It's like watching a guy who was a nerd in highschool trying WAAAAAY to hard to be cool in college lol.

Rooting for him for sure. Every single fighter is acting to a certain degree. At least Colbys is more entertaining than most.

Nah, I don't dislike him for doing the pro wrestling thing in MMA, Chael did it and I thought he was fantastic. Don't think Colby has Chael's comedy chops but he's making bank so he's doing something right. He's also one hell of a fighter.

I find his "sticking out the tongue/hand behind the ear" shit pretty cringey, but reading the Trump book made me laugh

At first I didn't like it, but it really grew on me. Some of his lines are actually really good.

I'm more bothered that with him and Usman at the top of the division, I can't see myself getting all that excited for any title fights in the foreseeable future.

I'm curious if his antics make you hate him or not? I know he stated he changed because they were going to let him go in free agency. At first I hated it but now I laugh honestly. It reminds me so much of Chael's transformation but with more cringe. Chael went from being an average fighter to one of the most popular because of the change. I love Chael's trash talk and I totally understood why he switched.
All that said with. With so many guys like Joe Rogan, Brendan Schaub, and tons of others all saying Colby is the nicest guy ever and it's all act to keep his job. It's also made him a ton of cash. Do you hate him or do you like him? I'm pulling for him tonight.
Also, could one of you guys make it a poll please?
I love what Colby’s doing, it's hilarious. What's even more hilarious is seeing idiots lose their minds and frothing at the mouth with anger whenever he's mentioned. It's the gift that keeps on giving hahahahahahahahahaha.

{<jordan} also rooting for colby just to watch the buthurtedness on sherdog tonight. I have a £15 bet on him.

It's so over-the-top that I actually find it funny.

Atleast Colbys antics are clearly over exaggerating his real behavior. Kamaru is just a cornball, the outfits, the face painting, taking his shirt off when he gets upset etc. I don't know how anyone likes the guy. His personality is similar to waiting for the 1st coat of paint to dry, as boring as it is, you still have to labor through that 2nd coat.

Last edited:
I'm more bothered that with him and Usman at the top of the division, I can't see myself getting all that excited for any title fights in the foreseeable future.

Tbf Colby isn't actually that boring, despite going to the decision a lot, he's extremely active but just doesn't carry fight ending power.

Now Usman on the other hand is extremely boring. It's sad because he actually does have fight ending power but is so concerned with getting and maintaining top control he doesn't use it. He throws minimal ground and pound and does just enough to not to be stood up and/or lose position.

I used to despise Colby and just wanted him to go away. However, after reading (what seemed like a straight-forward, no gimmick interview) his reasoning for adopting the douchey persona, I've actually come around to him a bit and realize that we want people like him on that fence. We NEED people like him on that fence. WE CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

Put it this way, if he acted like Usman, there's be zero interest in this fight. The fight game needs characters, authentic or not.

He is not funny all the time but seeing people get so mad over nothing is quite humerous.

Colby melt snowflakes left and right.

Back