I cant see it..

Paolo Delutis

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Ive been pondering the up and coming welterweight tilt between Colby Covington and Kamaro Usman...

And i just cant see how Colby can win this..i don't get how people think he has a clear path to victory?

Colby relies on using high volume pitter patter strikes to set up his clinch heavy control against the cage , but does very little else with the dominate or semi dominate positions he attains..

Also he's gunna be in for rude awaken if he thinks he just gunna move and lean on Kamaru in the clinch..kamaru will undoubtedly be the bigger and stronger fighter in there, colbys not gunna be able to drag and pull Usman around like he did RDA or other fighters.

Speaking of RDA, Colby was taken down twice by him, and had little defense on the shot or the ground grappling after that..not a promising sign when facing someone with the smoothering style that Usman brings to the table..i mean if woodley couldnt move or reverse Usman whats colby gunna do?

Colbys only path to victory in my opinion is to do the Carlos Condit Jog for 5 rounds while spamming elias Theodoru level strikes..as one hole in kamaru's armor or game is his footwork..he is a slow plodding fighter..who cuts of the cage looking to grapple colby could dance circles around him if he's not careful

But if thats how Colby wins the title he certainly wont be making welterweight great again..

Am i wrong sherdog? What are you thinking?

ECAPimT.gif

I feel like Usman will get baited into fighting stupidly because of all of Colby's taunting. Colby by decision.

I just want to see violence. Lots of it.

I predict 700 strikes from Colby this time.

Colby has to be the one moving forward at all times, otherwise this will happen the whole fight
DigitalRequiredDowitcher-size_restricted.gif

Agreed, Usman is as good or better than Covington in the areas that are typically Colby's strengths. Unless Usman has an off night or decides to only hit 30% I don't see him losing.

Cardio wins this one

I think this is partially correct...

Usman’s bodywork against the cage and in the clinch (If he can land like he did on Tyron) will negate much of Colby’s cardio.

It would surprise me if Covington were able to dominate the Grappling on the feet.

I don’t recall Usman fighting off his back.... Can he sweep and get up? If not, this is Colby’s best chance as It’s likely he will get at least a couple takedowns in a 5 rounder

I think this is partially correct...

Usman’s bodywork against the cage and in the clinch (If he can land like he did on Tyron) will negate much of Colby’s cardio.

It would surprise me if Covington were able to dominate the Grappling on the feet.

I don’t recall Usman fighting off his back.... Can he sweep and get up? If not, this is Colby’s best chance as It’s likely he will get at least a couple takedowns in a 5 rounder

Thats a fair point about usmans ground game..but i dont really think colby hits a takedown on usman..colbys takedowns mostly come from clinches and chain wrestling on guys he can physically control..i dont think he can physically control usman enough to hit takedowns i think he gets reversed and taken down himself or gets pinned against the cage and hammered on all night whenever he tries to grapple with usman..

I feel like Usman will get baited into fighting stupidly because of all of Colby's taunting. Colby by decision.

Possible but i think its unlikely

Watching the countdown show he seems remarkably cerebral in his approach to fighting Colby..

But weve seen fighters make emotional mistakes before so who knows

Then put your AV on the line

Cardio, Pace, Pressure, Volume- to answer your question

Back