I would like to see Rafael Dos Anjos vs Justin Gaethje

J

Jpenwell14

After losing to three top contenders at ww, RDA stands at a crossroads. There is little doubt if you can't beat RDA, you can't win a title at lightweight or welterweight.

Justin Gaethje on a 3 fight win streak, has a few questions that need answered. How will his new style aid him if someonegets out of the first round? How does he handle someone who goes for takedowns against him?

The winner of this fight would rightfully be the number 1 contender for the lightweight belt. If they put it on the same card as khabib vs tony, justin would be ready on standby to be an injury replacement, and stay active in the meantime. There is little doubt in my mind a win over rda means more than a comeback against cowboy by conor. Or a rather unlikely win by dustin (just my opinion) over nate diaz.

Eddie had a more or less fluky run in the ufc. I think it's safe to say rda and justin are better fighters than he is now, even though they got beat by him, they have both become better.

It's hard to say if either of them is better than dustin poirier or just a better match up for the winner of khabib/tony. A fight between them may or may not clear up those questions but the winner would have to be considered the number 1 undisputed contender, and short of gsp coming back, the next in line for a shot at the belt.

So you wanna see him get obliterated?

After losing to three top contenders at ww, RDA stands at a crossroads. There is little doubt if you can't beat RDA, you can't win a title at lightweight or welterweight.

Justin Gaethje on a 3 fight win streak, has a few questions that need answered. How will his new style aid him if someonegets out of the first round? How does he handle someone who goes for takedowns against him?

The winner of this fight would rightfully be the number 1 contender for the lightweight belt. If they put it on the same card as khabib vs tony, justin would be ready on standby to be an injury replacement, and stay active in the meantime. There is little doubt in my mind a win over rda means more than a comeback against cowboy by conor. Or a rather unlikely win by dustin (just my opinion) over nate diaz.

Eddie had a more or less fluky run in the ufc. I think it's safe to say rda and justin are better fighters than he is now, even though they got beat by him, they have both become better.

It's hard to say if either of them is better than dustin poirier or just a better match up for the winner of khabib/tony. A fight between them may or may not clear up those questions but the winner would have to be considered the number 1 undisputed contender, and short of gsp coming back, the next in line for a shot at the belt.

Did Dos Anjos say he's going back down to 155?

you want a guy with a string of losses to fight a guy on a string of impressive wins

makes sense

make sherdog logic great again

you want a guy with a string of losses to fight a guy on a string of impressive wins

makes sense

make sherdog logic great again

I want to see gaethje fight someone better than the last person he fought

Dos Anjos hasn't fought at lw in years but he's going to get a #1 contenders bouts at lw while coming off 3 losses in his last 4 fights? Wtf?

RDA is getting old and is on the wrong end of the curve as far as his peak is concerned. He is still a tough out for anyone and can compete, but his better days have past. He has lost 5 of his last 10 fights and has taken a ton of damage.

Gaethje is to much for him at this point in his career.

I'd like to see Robbie-RDA have another go at it. Robbie busting up his knee was a shame and it would be a fun fight for both at this point.

Dos Anjos hasn't fought at lw in years but he's going to get a #1 contenders bouts at lw while coming off 3 losses in his last 4 fights? Wtf?

If he beat gaethje, he's over poirier and conor for sure.

Ooof, at this point I can't fathom Dos Anjos having anything for Gaethje. One is fading out quickly, the other is hitting his prime. Would be a violent win for Justin imo.

Hes not beating up Gaethje and he hasn't cut to 155 in years. This is a dumb idea.

It's the closest he will get to a title shot and the ufc is a cutthroat kill or be killed organization. Gaethje probably wins and its better than being inactive.

It's the closest he will get to a title shot and the ufc is a cutthroat kill or be killed organization. Gaethje probably wins and its better than being inactive.

Hes not getting this fight. Who knows if he can even make lw anymore. He almost passed out multiple test when cutting for Alvarez and Ferguson.

So you want RDA to die is what you're saying?

I'd like to see Robbie-RDA have another go at it. Robbie busting up his knee was a shame and it would be a fun fight for both at this point.

This is a better fight - a good fight both guys.

Back