Paul Craig's fight IQ

Danis_champ

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Fighting stupid indeed, he was winning the stand up exchanges 90% of the time, instead he decides to drop on his butt and hunt for low percent hail mary sub...

Also I thought shogun won last two rounds.

He absolutely should have gotten up sooner. He had Shogun beat up badly, he easily could have finished.

Edit: Shoguns face looks like the surface of the moon.

shogun won last 2 rounds top control like entire round go figure

shogun won last 2 rounds top control like entire round go figure
Hometown judging is a myth.

Judges did everything to rob home country's legend... lol. Craig won last 15 seconds of the 3rd round.

Fighting stupid indeed, he was winning the stand up exchanges 90% of the time, instead he decides to drop on his butt and hunt for low percent hail mary sub...

You must’ve read my post on his fb lol he has one of the worst octagon IQ’s ever displayed and yes he lost rounds 2 and 3 .. send his dumbass to bellator

Hometown judging is a myth.

Judges did everything to rob home country's legend... lol. Craig won last 15 seconds of the 3rd round.

more like 10, he got the take down when clock hit 10 seconds lol

If there's something worse than going for the takedown when you're winning the stand-up, it's pulling guard when you're busting your opponent up.

Not just his fight IQ, but his post fight interview IQ is either just as bad or hilariously high.

"A draw isn't good enough. I came here to retire him. Sorry guys"

Bro, do you know where you are?

Very strange. On one hand this is the biggest name on Craig's resume and he at least got a draw. He is also a solid BJJ guy who looked very good standing.

But he threw away what should have been a win - maybe by KO.

Idk I'll have to rewatch the fight but Craig looked a little stunned after Shogun was able to tag him a couple times, maybe he was afraid of getting knocked out? Expecting a submission from guard against a black belt in the third round is a dangerous move though. Especially after seeing his striking, his corner should have been calling for him to get up.

First part of your post is very true, craig did stupid things in this fight.
Anxiety could explain that, he wanted to be in the position he is supposedly the best (on his fuckin back) but he was so dominant standing up and the ghost of shogun was so slow, its crazy that he did not understand that.

You don't think a guy named Bear Jew might do some shady shit to make a big play and make big money? Keeping gaurd is the best way to survive to a decision and when he was standing shit was going too good.

I love your lack of racism. Refreshing.

This was so stupid that I was worried that he might have advanced form of cte.

He was scared of striking with Shogun after being unable to finish him

To be fair he came by the idea that's his strategy quite honestly.

Paul Craig’s fight iq is so low I’m getting concerned they are letting a mentally deficient man fight.

Not just his fight IQ, but his post fight interview IQ is either just as bad or hilariously high.

"A draw isn't good enough. I came here to retire him. Sorry guys"

Bro, do you know where you are?
right? especially the lame ass tough guy staredown he tried on shogun at the weigh ins. and the mean mugging in the octagon. then the massive failure to do anything when he could have just jabbed his way to victory.

someone tell Sean Shelby to feed Paul Craig to the bum destroyer Jimi Manuwa so we can never hear about him again.

Back