The Russians Are Coming: Khabib Names Three Future Russian Champions

Which Russians will become UFC champions?

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
UFCGMS0002_E.jpg

1. Petr Yan (#4)
2. Zabit Magomedsharipov (#4)
3. Islam Makhachev (#15)

-Khabib on Instagram

Last edited:
1. Petr Yan
2. Zabit Magomedsharipov
3. Islam Makhachev

-Khabib on Instagram

Im not confident Makhachev or Zabit ever touch gold, Yan is really talented and it wouldnt surprise me though.

They already came

1. Fedor
2. Igor vovchanchyn
3. Oleg Taktarov

Im not convinced on any of those guys.

Khabib is something special though

Islam is definitely a future champ

Im not convinced on any of those guys.

Khabib is something special though
Really? Yan is legit as fuck, I’d favour him over everyone in the top 5. I’m not as confident in Islam as I am in Yan, but he has a pretty decent chance to be champ too.

just like his cousin was a future champ.... subbed by a complete nobody without a wiki page...
McGregor-tweet-comp.png

Yan has the best chance. Zabit is very talented, but lacks cardio, Islam is in a division of killers.

not Zabit but agree with Petr and Islam

You think Petr would beat Henry?

Why do you think that?

Or do you just mean eventually, at some point in their careers?

I'll list them in order of who I think is most likely to become champ.

1. Yan
2. Islam
3. Zabit

Honestly, I don't think Zabit becomes champ. I think Islam is great, but I'm on the fence in regards to him becoming champ. Yan is the most proven thus far and I do like his chances against cejudo

I think Petr Yan is probably the best out of all of them I just don’t see him beating Cejudo.

So Khabib is predicting another Russian in his own weight class to be champ?

Okely dokely, neighborino

220px-Ned_Flanders.png

Yan yes.
Zabit maybe.
Islam no.
max.jpg

Not while this man is champ. Easily Zabits worst stylistic match-up in the division. Zabit lacks both one shot power and the ability to keep a strong pace for 3 rounds. Max with his iron chin and unrelenting pace will just drag him to the deep end and drown him.

Zabit has trouble against Kyle. Who was literally just pushing forward and swinging wild shots. How do you think Zabit is gonna do with in a 5 round fight with Max pushing forward throwing unrelenting accurate combos.

You think Petr would beat Henry?

Why do you think that?

Or do you just mean eventually, at some point in their careers?
I think Yan has much better cardio than Moraes; he always pressures; has great footwork; really tight boxing and counter-boxing; solid takedown defense - I think Yan is a bad match-up for Cejudo.

Cejudo would beat Sterling and Munhoz, but I see Garbrandt (even with his tendency to get wild and get caught) and Yan to be tough match-ups for Cejudo.

Back