Which win gives Conor more credit, Gaethje or Masdival?

lightsaberduel

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Both great fighters, I think Masdival is better but both wins have pros and cons and are very tough fights.

1 Conor beats Gaethje, this puts him in contention for a title shot if Khabib agrees because Gaethje is a higher ranked fighter and LW.

2. Conor beats Masdival, he's the BMF, he can now make a living fighting badass strikers

fights like edgar and cerrone are basically retirement fights so they won't be counted.

Last edited:
Masvidal obviously because he's above Conor's weight and probably the next WW title contender.
Dumb thread.

Furthermore, Gaethje lost to Poirier and Alvarez, 2 guys Conor has already beat.
Too bad Conor won't fight neither and hasn't had a win since 3 years.

Masvidal. Both theoretical wins are very impressive from a fighting standpoint, but a Masvidal win will give him more bargaining power and leverage.

I love Gaethje but it's Masvidal.

Although if he puts up a good fight against either of them even in loss his stock as a fighter will go up again.

That's all he needs to do, take on a tough fight and put on a good fight, win or lose he'll get respect for that.

Masvidal obviously because he's above Conor's weight and probably the next WW title contender.
Dumb thread.

Furthermore, Gaethje lost to Poirier and Alvarez, 2 guys Conor has already beat.
Too bad Conor won't fight neither and hasn't had a win since 3 years.
Nope. If Conor beats Gaethje, Khabib will be more interested than if he beats Masdival. Khabib is very focuses on the LW division.

So if Conor wants Khabib Gaethje is the path.

I personally think Masdival is the better fight, but here are arguments both ways.

I'll go with Masvidal.

Did you see what he did to Nate?

Nope. If Conor beats Gaethje Khabib will be more interested than if he beats Masdival. Khabib is very focuses on the LW division.

Sorry but I don't see how Gaethje is a bigger win than Masvidal right now. There is no way you could make that argument. What Khabib thinks doesn't matter.

Sorry but I don't see how Gaethje is a bigger win than Masvidal right now. There is no way you could make that argument. What Khabib thinks doesn't matter.
What Khabib thinks matters if Conor's ultimate goal is to fight him.

Gaethje is also higher ranked than Masdival relative to his division which could be further reason for Khabib to want to fight him.

What Khabib thinks matters if Conor's ultimate goal is to fight him.

That wasn't your question though. Your question was which win gives Conor more credit.
Was your question which fight brings Conor closer to a title-shot?

gaethje, because he has a better chance of beating him than georgie

Masvidal is a WW

Justin is a LW.

If he wants to rematch Khabib, he should face the LW.

Gaethje is a more impressive win, but Masvidal would undoubtedly be the bigger fight. So momentum wise, it's Jorge

Masvidal is a WW

Justin is a LW.

If he wants to rematch Khabib, he should face the LW.
He says he wants Khabib but that is one dumb career move.

He should go the Masdival route and fight badass strikers bmf style. Fighting a bunch of wrestlers won't be a good career decision.

Both great fighters, I think Masdival is better but both wins have pros and cons and are very tough fights.

1 Conor beats Gaethje, this puts him in contention for a title shot if Khabib agrees because Gaethje is a higher ranked fighter and LW.

2. Conor beats Masdival, he's the BMF, he can now make a living fighting badass strikers

fights like edgar and cerrone are basically retirement fights so they won't be counted.
He can't beat either of them.

Conor 2016 would smoke Gaethje.

Mas that was at 155 would get beat handily. New Mas is a tough fight since he's bigger, and has finally decided to not coast and finish fights.

He can't beat either of them.
Conor McGregor can't beat strikers with equal or lesser reach? Okay.

What convinced of this his loss to the best wrestler in MMA and 50-0 Mayweather?

Last edited:
Conor 2016 would smoke Gaethje.

Mas that was at 155 would get beat handily. New Mas is a tough fight since he's bigger, and has finally decided to not coast and finish fights.
Can't buy this 2016 Conor stuff. Everyone in the know knew Khabib would make Conor tentative and look bad because he's the best wrestler in MMA. Khabib makes everyone look bad.

Conor might be better than ever. His striking will definitively look worlds better against another striker.

Masvidal who has not been finished in a decade.

Love Gaejthe but he is too hittable for a guy like Conor.

Back