Better Prospect: Gillespie or Makachev?

Gabe

Saturdays are for the Boys
@Silver
Reaction score
Gillespie - 13-0 MMA; 6-0 in UFC with 5 finishes

Makachev - 18-1 MMA; 7-1 in UFC on a six fight win streak with three finishes.

Makachev seems to be more well rounded while Gillespies top control is much more smothering. I’ll say Makachev based on age alone. Thoughts?

Gillespie would look much worse than Makhachev if he faced the grapplers Islam faced. Everyone he's fought has been a tomato can with no grappling.

How are they prospects?

Please explain....

Lee ducked Makachev 2 times. Now he is fighting Gilespie.

Rumor has it Gillespie isn't as driven as one might like. If true, that alone would make me choose Islam.

YIwq4VP.jpg

We will find out when Gillespie faces a decent wrestler.

A "BJJ coach" who has 12 knockouts and 3 subs. Anybody can get flash KO'd, shit happens.
Yep! Islam learned a hard and untasty lesson that night and he has since mended it. (If he hadn't he would've gotten KOed by Ramos in a similar fashion.) Can't be like Khabib if you're up against a Decorated Black Belt lol.

Gillespie - 13-0 MMA; 6-0 in UFC with 5 finishes

Makachev - 18-1 MMA; 7-1 in UFC on a six fight win streak with three finishes.

Makachev seems to be more well rounded while Gillespies top control is much more smothering. I’ll say Makachev based on age alone. Thoughts?

Based on age, I agree. But based on ass kicking, going with Gillespie.

I need to see more of them vs better competition. Khletus is bigger, so, for now, I'd say he's a better prospect. Plus, there's something to be said about who you train with and, being Khabib's cousin, I-Mak does have the advantage.

I hope he makes someone Mrs. Makachev. again

I need to see more of them vs better competition. Khletus is bigger, so, for now, I'd say he's a better prospect. Plus, there's something to be said about who you train with and, being Khabib's cousin, I-Mak does have the advantage.
Gregor trains regularly with Dre Harrison, Al Iaquinta and others. So he has good guys to train with also. Obviously not the level of Khabib, but no scrubs either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back