Beating the guy up bad from the bottom is a great idea that is under utilized

Garnet_StrongerThanYou

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Guys are always trying to get to their feet and being controlled, good luck.

michael Bisping was beating the crap out of GSP. Even though he lost that fight he was on his way to winning it before the left hook landed.

the Deron Winn vs. Darren something fight the other night the muscular black guy was getting taken down at will but beating him up from the bottom and making him pay for the takedown attempts.

This needs to be the way to fight GSP type fighters from now on. If he takes you down make him regret it. The UFC WW division should have done it more.

I always thoght Mousasi was fucking up Queen Mo all fuckin day from the bottom, some of the best offensive stuff off his back i ever seen. He just seemed to get tired,and couldnt close the deal. Even tho Queen mo was tired,he kept trying to win the fight,where Mousasi was stuck in 1st gear. Still watch that fight to see some seriously devious bottom game action. Upkicks when guys trying to get in guard,and when ge gets there,just elbow the shit out of his eye socket and kick him away when he tries to do something about it.

Striking from the bottom?

Why hasn’t anyone thought of that????

<TheWire1>

Lmao its under utilized because its a horrible strategy. It works for very few people.

Dumb strategy considering the judges don't know what they're seeing half the time. Too much faulty judging whether from incompetence or corruption.

Lmao its under utilized because its a horrible strategy. It works for very few people.
Vick says otherwise.

It can def work. It should be trained in case you end up there.

Dumb strategy considering the judges don't know what they're seeing half the time. Too much faulty judging whether from incompetence or corruption.
Not for judging purposes. To hurt,discourage,and harass the opponent instead of just trying to get the thing stood up. I very much enjoy the art of doing damage at all times,never giving respite.

Well it’s definitely better than just laying there, then whining after the fight that your opponent didn’t fight you where you wanted.

You think that's a good idea? Check this out-when a grappler is getting outstruck he should
take his opponent down

If kron had done this, he would've won.
Striking from the bottom?

Why hasn’t anyone thought of that????

<TheWire1>

Tony Fergusons getting ready to try this against Khabib and I cant wait personally

plenty of guys have done it and lost. i haven’t watched the fight in forever but that was the big fuss about torres vs. mighty mouse if i recall correctly

Happens but not very often. Remember Conor was doing damage to Chad with his elbows from the bottom. Khabibs face will be bleeding when Conor elbows his face in the next fight.

Problem is judges dont seem to notice and only see the guy on top as winning. They dont pay any attention to you doing damage from your back. They just think you are losing bc someone's sleeping on you. That winn fight should have been a clear 29-28 but at least the split dec went to the right fighter.

Guys are always trying to get to their feet and being controlled, good luck.

michael Bisping was beating the crap out of GSP. Even though he lost that fight he was on his way to winning it before the left hook landed.

the Deron Winn vs. Darren something fight the other night the muscular black guy was getting taken down at will but beating him up from the bottom and making him pay for the takedown attempts.

This needs to be the way to fight GSP type fighters from now on. If he takes you down make him regret it. The UFC WW division should have done it more.
Condit was great as this, “was” being the operative word.

Top guy controls the distance. He can pull his head back a little and you will be swinging at air. If he hits you your head is pinned against the ground so all the force goes to your brain. There are distinct disadvantages to bottom fighting.

Have you seen diaz vs gsp?..
From the bottom you have to tire your opponent and then sub him, but if you are not very good in jiujitsu you must get up, mma is not a gi competition.

Back