Am I the only one who doesnt know how good Costa really is yet?

Istryker

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Been rewatching some of his fights he looked good againt Romero (that fight coulda went either way imo) but jeez that performance against Uriah Hall he looked bad to me (those dick shots were fucking brutal and i had him losing before then)

I cant really tell how good he is yet honestly.

Hope him vs Adesanya is a good fight tho.

I’m not sold on him either...

But his win over Romero was still a great performance and nothing to overlook.

I just don’t see him being a problem for Adesanya

Uriah Hall showed that with technical slickness Costa can be chopped down. Israel got this.

I’m not sold on him either...

But his win over Romero was still a great performance and nothing to overlook.

I just don’t see him being a problem for Adesanya

Uriah Hall showed that with technical slickness Costa can be chopped down. Israel got this.

Exactlyyyy no fighter is perfect but Costa has some serious glaring issues tbh

If Israel had problems with a (should be)155 pounder like Gastelum I think a monster like Costa is gonna be a whole other animal.

i think he is very overrated and lost to romero.

gastelum would smash.

Nah.

Romero was his best fight but he still looked pretty average. He gassed out bad against a fighter known for having low output and frankly got a gift decision. Given the fact Romero just stood in front of him for most of the fight and didn't push the pace, that was a pretty bad look.

Whittaker, Gastelum, and Israel, are all fighters who have shown they can go a hard 5 rounds in back and forth fights. Costa was fading bad half way around round 2. Which is concerning for someone who acts like a pressure fighter.

Basically, he'll smoke anyone who will let his power land on them in the first 2 rounds but then he'll start gassing. Against the top MWs, short of KOing them early, he's fucked.

Romero is hardly a technical striker and just stood there for Costa. Someone who is going to make Costa miss is going to have their way with him.

Here to BREAK the streak of the Team MuscleEnvy bums in this thread.

Hit the gym Soyboys.

0zunbz4fsk431.jpg

the fact that costa looked half dead after the 2nd in the yoel fight does not bode well against isreal. Isreal will beat costa rather easily.

Israel's coach put it best when he said that Costa is too 1-dimensional. He doesn't have a broad enough skill set to present any danger to Adesanya.

It’s insane how wins are emphasized or de-emphasized on here.

Many people think that Romero won one, if not both, of the fights against Whitaker. Yet Costa’s win over Romero (albeit close) is somehow viewed as not being enough to “prove” he’s good.

It’s like he basically beat the guy many people consider the uncrowned champion, but you guys are like, “hmmm... but I don’t really know if he’s actually that good.”

I honestly don’t give a shit about Costa, but the way people seesaw between viewing a win or a fighter as being legitimate is totally astonishing.

Israel is our goat now, he kos Costa within 2 mins

Costa arguably lost to romero.
Romero lost to whittikar.
Whittikar lost to wonderboy.
Wonderboy lost to Anthony Pettis.
Pettis lost to Dustin porier.
Porier lost to connor mcgreger.

So the question you should really be asking is: just how good is connor mcgreger?

<TheWire1><seedat><TheDonald>

The guy is good but hes waay too big for the weight class. Wouldnt be surprised at all if he misses weight and ruins an event.

Back