Executive Decision: It's All Over for Joe Lauzon

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Dana White Says He Will Force Joe Lauzon to Retire After UFC Boston Win

After 16 months in the sidelines, Joe Lauzon made his 27th Octagon appearance against Dana White Contender Series alum Jonathan Pearce. The 35-year-old UFC veteran did not disappoint his hometown crowd, winning via dominant first-round TKO.

While Lauzon’s performance impressed many, UFC president Dana White apparently had a deal with him prior to the fight.

“Me and Joe Lauzon had a deal that he would retire after this fight, win, lose, or draw,” White told reporters during the post-fight scrum.

So when asked if he would try to force Lauzon into retirement, White had this to say.

“What better way to go out than tonight? He beat a tough guy that I bet a lot of people didn’t think he was gonna beat. And he made it look easy.

“And this is one of those things when you’re talking to a guy who loves to fight like Joe Lauzon loves to fight, and the Chuck Liddells, and many, many more in the past that I’ve dealt with,” White continued.

“[They say]: ‘It’s so hard to walk away. I looked great tonight.’ And then if they lose, [they say]: ‘I can’t go out like this. Getting beat in my hometown, in front of my [friends/family]…’”

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2019/10...auzon-to-retire-after-ufc-boston-win-mma-news

Lauzon went out in style, breaking Jim Miller's LW record for most finishes.

Last edited:
He was only allowed to fight yesterday because he is a veteran. Other than that literally nobody ever comes to see him. He should of been cut a long time ago.

Lauzon is a beast. I'll always respect him and look to see his fights whenever possible. but he has nothing left to prove. should he continue to fight, i will continue to watch.

I'm with Dana on this one. Better to retire with a good W than end up like BJ Penn and Jake Ellenberger.

They're not going to throw the long time vet a fresh piece of meat straight off of the contender series like this every time.

Take your gift watch & call it a day.

have loved your carrier btw.... but nobody enjoyz seeing a past their prime fighter play.

Dana can't force him to retire. He can only stop him from fighting in the UFC. But I do hope that Lauzon walks away after this win.

Nah, let Joe fight if he still wants to. I don't think this is a Chuck Liddell situation. Joe might still have something left in him.

Give him lower competition and see how it goes. Joe seems like a smart enough guy.

hes only 35, he isnt out of his prime yet

am I doing it right?

Sherdog Headline:
JONATHAN PEARCE PLANS ON RETIRING JOE LAUZON WITH KO WIN AT UFC ON ESPN 6

i guess he got most of this statement correct

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back