Stoner thought, should refs have a whistle?

SpiderFan187

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
It could save some fighters from follow up shots, if a blokes out and a fighter is going in for more shots and the ref is too far to save him he can just blow it to signal the end of a fight, also will be awesome when a fan brings in a whistle with them and blows it and causes confusion during a finishing attempt. If not for that scenario I think it's a no brainer.

The amount of time it would take to get a hold of that little thing, shove it in your mouth and blow it... And to do it while rushing in, you might choke on it, too.

So, yeah... But to answer your question about whistles: interesting idea. Maybe.

images

I doubt they would respond to the whistle, a finish is going to get a big crowd reaction and they'll be caught up in the moment. You also want the ref to have his hands and speech free I think, so maybe just having someone sound the horn when the ref dives in would work. But that would inevitably have some miscommunications when a ref is thinking about diving in but pulls away last second.

Might be worth letting them try whistles out.

Tranquilizer darts would be more practical.

No, refs should stop fights in more dramatic fashion. It's entertainment after all. I'd like to see more this:
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

A whistle maybe or maybe not but yelling break should be enough.
Watching a ref dive in to stop a fighter beating the crap out of an unconscious opponent is ridiculous and impose massive fines on anyone who keeps going after break is called or the whistle is blown.

Until a fan sneaks one in and saves some fighter's ass lol.

definitely a well-fitting helmet, a whistle, and a flare gun just in case

refs should also be able to administer their own ground and pound on a downed fighter, as they see fit

I’d also like to see an omelette bar set up between rounds, and for Dana to descend from the rafters before all main events, fingerpicking a fiery flamenco guitar solo to set the stage

It could save some fighters from follow up shots, if a blokes out and a fighter is going in for more shots and the ref is too far to save him he can just blow it to signal the end of a fight, also will be awesome when a fan brings in a whistle with them and blows it and causes confusion during a finishing attempt. If not for that scenario I think it's a no brainer.

Would be hilarious... Imagine trying to stop Jeremy Stephens from pounding on someone by blowing a whistle lol

Would be some Coach Hines shit, from mad T.V ahah

(Puff puff) what if, bro, like, THE WHISTLE blew the REF to stop the fight? That's some crazy shit, dude.

Or just run over and yell

STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, refs should stop fights in more dramatic fashion. It's entertainment after all. I'd like to see more this:
giphy.gif

giphy.gif
They should have fights where there is a 3rd guy not a ref trying to stop the other 2 guys from fighting, would be fun to watch

Have the ref awkwardly lay on the defeated opponent to bring the laughs like Cecil.

Back