Fighters who'd still be active if they made BANK?

PlatinumColbyCovington

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
NONE

Dana is a smart businessman. You pay fighters what they're worth, they become cheeseparing nightmares to deal with.. because eventually.. THEY WON'T HAVE TO FIGHT. Please, no more complaints about making 10 and 10.. it is necessary to ensure we even HAVE A PRODUCT IN THE FIRST PLACE

Anderson Silva made BANK and is still active. He is a true mixed martial artist who would never turn down a tough opponent.

what about Floyd? he's been making a lot of money for a long time

Yes, because no high-earning boxers have ever logged over fifty fights... Sorry, but this premise is silly. If you want the best quality fights, you want the fighters to be financially secure so they can focus on improving their game.

Disagree. Fighters love to fight. You see fighters make "that bank" and still come back. When they do people say "oh they must be broke" but its not because they are broke its because they are competitors.

I mean, without a union individual fighters aren't going to have much leverage to make demands for more money. The UFC will always have the upper hand and if you don't like what you're offered then tough noodles. This is especially true when you think you're more valuable to the company than you actually are. The funniest thing is I think a fighter like Colby would always be opposed to making a union (both due to his political leanings and his position in the company) but would gain huge benefits from one.

I mean, the UFC offered him shit money for a title fight and he asked for more. The UFC said no. What's Colby going to do? Whine? No one cares if he whines about the UFC on Twitter, he does that all the time? Is he gonna quit? Who cares? Most people hate him and/or think he's boring anyways. He thinks because he's "entertaining" as a character and does all his own advertising that that's enough for him to demand more money.

At least if there was a union he'd get treated fairly despite being an awful person, but now there's not a single reason I can think of for the UFC to ever really negotiate with him. Most people wouldn't care if he never fights for the title.

The key to activity is PEDs, the old days when guys fought 4+ times a year proved that.

5c2f54582ab31e4141604f17-750-562.jpg

Money bless

NONE

Dana is a smart businessman. You pay fighters what they're worth, they become cheeseparing nightmares to deal with.. because eventually.. THEY WON'T HAVE TO FIGHT. Please, no more complaints about making 10 and 10.. it is necessary to ensure we even HAVE A PRODUCT IN THE FIRST PLACE

Explain how boxers keep on fighting despite making millions per fight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back