Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
"How did you destroy him as easily as you did?"

"Well, you know, with luck, it was a quick fight"

-Emelianenko, Fedor

One of my favourite Fedor moments,

Last edited:
Imagine Jones or GSP fighting someone that much bigger than them. Fedor didn't give a damn about cutting weight. He is the HW GOAT and therefore the GOAT.
Exactly

I honestly don't get how people can say Stipe, DC and Cain are the GOAT HW. It honestly boggles the mind.

I honestly don't get how people can say Stipe, DC and Cain are the GOAT HW. It honestly boggles the mind.
id say at this point jds is above cain all time in terms of ufc hw rankings. cain has 2 wins on him but junior still has the 1st big win plus hes beaten better guys. also has aged better, which is crazy. cain really just got derailed by injuries and never recovered.

Imagine if Fedor hung up the gloves undefeated. Now he's lost to a LHW (no shame he probably should be one) a middle of the road HW, a bad HW (Maldanado let's be real Russia) and a middle weight. If he didn't jump into Werdums guard I wonder were he'd be.

id say at this point jds is above cain all time in terms of ufc hw rankings. cain has 2 wins on him but junior still has the 1st big win plus hes beaten better guys. also has aged better, which is crazy. cain really just got derailed by injuries and never recovered.
I got a question, where would you rank Overeem? He's got his bell rung so many times yet he has beat so many elites.

he said ‚ z božjom pomoću - with gods help.. the the rest of translated text

he has really big hands

I wish to god Fedor retired after Rogers at 31-1 and then went into hiding and became the everlasting unknown myth of MMA, we could have debated forever what would have happened had he stayed in the US? Who was he really? All we would have known is no man was ever able to defeat him and just like that he is gone.

Instead, I have reoccurring nightmares of Bigfoot smashing his face in and Bader KO'ing him

tenor.gif

Imagine Jones or GSP fighting someone that much bigger than them. Fedor didn't give a damn about cutting weight. He is the HW GOAT and therefore the GOAT.

Jones would head kick Fedor and Sylvia into oblivion! Fedor couldn't beat a guy who lost to a 69 year old Randy Couture!

One of my favorite pictures. Other fighters don't want to give up half a pound advantage to their opponents, but Fedor didn't give a fawk. He would fight opponents like Tim, or Arlovski, who were giants compared to him. They were also not some bums, they were the super heavy weight champions champions and he would smash them. Biggest respekt for Fedor, a WW who fought and beat the strongest and biggest HWs of his time. You are never gonna witness a fighter like him again.

Jones would head kick Fedor and Sylvia into oblivion! Fedor couldn't beat a guy who lost to a 69 year old Randy Couture!

He could yet he hasn't. You can imagine Jones beating all these HWs but that's all it is. Imagination because Jones has said multiple times he won't go to HW.

I wish to god Fedor retired after Rogers at 31-1 and then went into hiding and became the everlasting unknown myth of MMA, we could have debated forever what would have happened had he stayed in the US? Who was he really? All we would have known is no man was ever able to defeat him and just like that he is gone.

Instead, I have reoccurring nightmares of Bigfoot smashing his face in and Bader KO'ing him

tenor.gif

For what its worth, prime Fedor would have merked Bigfoot!

Humble man. He beat him by using a beautifully executed hand trap (to set up the left hook), just like he did against Zulu.

fedor_20vs_20zulu.gif

EDIT: Above gif begins a tad bit late in the sequence, but it's that technique that spelled the end for both opponents.

Last edited:
I got a question, where would you rank Overeem? He's got his bell rung so many times yet he has beat so many elites.
hes tough because of his many losses that are stoppages. inconsistent ufc run - if he had the belt id have him right behind stipe cain and jds in terms of ufc. maybe even ahead of cain if he won the belt and defended once at this point. cain has just fallen a bit imo

all time (not just ufc) hes in the bottom half of the top 10.

He could yet he hasn't. You can imagine Jones beating all these HWs but that's all it is. Imagination because Jones has said multiple times he won't go to HW.

Its hard to avoid the feeling that Jones understands the risks involved in fighting HW's far better than his fans do, and has decided that the risk/reward ratio is too high. He could beat any of them, but every HW has one punch KO power from size alone -- so a single mistake could mean a loss. It just isn't worth it for him to test out.

Most weight decisions are financial in nature -- no different than the career choices any of us make. How many people take a big financial risk that has no bigger potential earnings than a much smaller risk? They're professional fighters, its their job, and they naturally treat it the same way any of us treat our jobs.

How would Jones do at HW? Its impossible to know, and anyone who thinks they know one way or another is selling you something. Though I would listen to the prediction of anyone who has gotten rich (as in many millions of dollars) betting on fights -- that's fairly good evidence that they actually can predict the outcome of fights. Anyone not doing that (which unfortunately includes me) is just guessing.

Back