"You beat up Tim Sylvia, the way Tim Sylvia would beat me up"

Fedor's win over Tim Sylvia > GSP's win over Bisping & Silva's win over Forrest

Top 5 HW, had a far bigger size advantage and was finished in 36 seconds.

You've never see Tim fight apparently.
I have, many times. You must think this is a video game where size and strength aren't as important.

Just curious as to what you think his path to victory would be. You think he'd stand with him? You think he'd be willing to stand in punching range to shoot a TD? Do you think he'd get close enough to not shoot a TD from 5 feet away where Sylvia could just sprawl and punch his face through the mat?

You obviously haven't thought this through.

However I think that DC would be GOAT by now if he didn't go down to LHW and remained undefeated.
Imagine if DC had no Jones losses but had wins in the HW division over Overeem, Werdum, JDS and Arlovski which could have easily happened. He could have made the case for the GOAT.

But Cain managed to destroy his own and DCs chances despite both of them having the skills to do that, and ran away to Lucha Libre.

GSP would mush Monson too

MessyFlickeringArgusfish-small.gif

OK, so you have to be fucking around here, lol.

This looks like a good place for this:

fedor-emelianenko_tim-sylvia.gif

I honestly don't get how people can say Stipe, DC and Cain are the GOAT HW. It honestly boggles the mind.

LOL, Cain is lucky to even make it top 5. Fedor no question right now is HW goat at the moment.

Dang Opie n Anthony is still around? They tried them here about 10 years ago, loved the humor . It never caught on bc New Orleans is a sissy rainbow park like California and it went away quick.

That’s one of your favorite moments?
Fedora is top 3 favorite and it has nothing to do with being humble

He was a destroyer of worlds and that was good enough for me.

I have, many times. You must think this is a video game where size and strength aren't as important.

Just curious as to what you think his path to victory would be. You think he'd stand with him? You think he'd be willing to stand in punching range to shoot a TD? Do you think he'd get close enough to not shoot a TD from 5 feet away where Sylvia could just sprawl and punch his face through the mat?

You obviously haven't thought this through.
Imagine writing this with a straight face

I honestly don't get how people can say Stipe, DC and Cain are the GOAT HW. It honestly boggles the mind.
Well Cain kinda screwed himself with injuries. He had the potential, but you can't call him the GOAT because he "could have been the clear GOAT" if he wasn't injured.

If Stipe loses to DC again he's gone. So DC would clearly be the greatest UFC heavyweight of all time. I think prime DC beats prime Fedor, but it's hard to argue with Fedor's 28-1 run during his prime. Once he got to affliction he was a bit out of his prime.

I had Randy beating Sylvia when they fought and was pretty excited when he pulled it off because if I recall people weren't that sure about that fight. He cracked him once and pretty much rode out a decision. Nog went through the grinder with Tim and pulled off a sub late in the fight. Sylvia was still a formidable opponent. Fedor straight up took his soul and the guy was never the same after that. I also think Dana held that against him never coming back to the UFC. The former Pride champ made the greatest former UFC champ at the time look like he didn't even belong in there with him.

We will never see the likes of someone like Fedor again.

Imagine Jones or GSP fighting someone that much bigger than them. Fedor didn't give a damn about cutting weight. He is the HW GOAT and therefore the GOAT.
Well that's what makes Fedor the goat instead of the others, I truly can't imagine them challenging themselves like that vs a much bigger, taller and more muscular fighter especially at hw where any one punch can end it.

Imagine knowing that and still having the guts to fight the giants of your division, or should I say the giants of the super hw division while being a natural cruiserweight or lhw

Fedor goat

why are you generalizing
I'm talking about 1 WW that would beat 1 HW.
He wouldn't beat very many others.

A heavyweight that was the UFC champ for a bit, and who beat guys like Arlovski. Sylvia was a goofball, but he was a very big goofball. GSP himself said he was too small for MW as a prime, and yet you think he was going to beat a guy who was HW champ (two weight divisions above MW)?

A heavyweight that was the UFC champ for a bit, and who beat guys like Arlovski. Sylvia was a goofball, but he was a very big goofball. GSP himself said he was too small for MW as a prime, and yet you think he was going to beat a guy who was HW champ (two weight divisions above MW)?
Yes.

Interesting opinion. If true, he could have been an unusual double UFC champ in 2006, WW and HW. I wonder if anyone suggested it to him.

I know MMA math is extremely suspect, but out of curiosity, do you think GSP would beat the guys Sylvia beat -- Arlovski, Brandon Vera, Jeff Monson, Ricco Rodgriguez? If so, he could have saved himself the agony of cutting water to make 170 and just stepped on the scales with pants and a belly full of water at 206 and been HW champ for awhile.

Back