4 stipe white belt tournament

I assume this has to be trolling because of the 4-stripe thing, but...neat idea lol

I can only think of one thing when imagining a room full of these killers: "My god, it's full of gatekeepers!"

I hope that joke never dies. Nocturno should never have been banned he was too damn funny.

Hey 3dsMaxx I'm curious as to where you train and the school's lineage?

It's definitely an idea... in order to generate an opinion I need to give this one a little more thougt.

Hey 3dsMaxx I'm curious as to where you train and the school's lineage?

It's definitely an idea... in order to generate an opinion I need to give this one a little more thougt.

It's an RGDA school, we got 3 black belts (I think, 2 were promoted by Adiv with Royler's blessing so to speak and 1 by both Adiv and Royler).

My instructor just wanted to have some fun with this many people being so close to blue so that's where the idea came from. I imagine he's going to promote the people who should get their blues regardless of how they do in the tournament.

This will end up with everyone getting a blue belt for some reason I think :p

"The Cruciblue"

This is exactly right. Everyone will end up getting their blues.

I heard of this recently happening at a school in my area. Two blue belts had a match in house. Winner got a purple.

I think that some of the confusion/mystery/methods in which people get stripes or belts makes the whole thing kind of fun.

When I was in Hapkido I was only set on learning only what I needed to for that next belt....not really a good thing IMO.

this is an oldschool concept and one that I like :D

Good luck on trying for that blue belt!

So it did happen and 13 guys showed up. There are two more who couldn't participate due to injuries. A lot of matches lasted more than 30 min. The longest one was 65 min. One guy fought for 45 min twice almost back to back. In the end, 7 people got their blue belts. It was the highest number of guys in club's history to get promoted to blue on the same day. It was awesome to see people stick around until 11pm to see how it's going to end.

All in all best promotion idea ever.

30-65 minutes fights for white belts 4 stripes! WTF

30-65 minutes fights for white belts 4 stripes! WTF

Just like Saulo preaches at white belt you learn to survive and a lot of them learned how to survive really freaking well. I haven't seen that many stuffed armbars and technical escapes from other bad positions in blue belt divisions.

You guys should have called it "The Noctournament"

Back