• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

3x PhD Earner vs. Evolution

Did you know that in 1215 Pope Innocent III had to explicitly prohibit the eating of barnacle geese during lent? Because event though they clearly came from goose barnacles, they lived like birds, and were therefore, in fact, of the same nature as birds? There was an alternative opinion that they were actually born of driftwood, but that didn't really change the fact that they lived like birds. So no num num of barnacle geese during lent.

Wilder-Smith conveniently ignored much of the published literature during his day, and his later work was full of errors and mis-characterizations.

Brilliant fellow, though.

This is why its unwise to trust "paper champions" as it were.

For all of you people suggesting this guy is just a nutcase or faking his position...do you have any evidence that matter can organize itself?
That's one of his positions. How about the others? Are they open for a nutcase judgment as well, or just the really difficult one that's on the cutting edge of science? And let's cut the shit- you would choose not to accept any of the evidence that matter can organize itself. If I say that peptides can organize themselves into particular sorts of membranes, would that mean a thing to you? I seriously doubt it.

There's tons of evidence for evolution. Evolution does not prove there is or isn't a god. For like the billionth time those are completely different topics.

No need to take the tone that atheists are in some way morally inferior to the religious. Its petty and immature.

For all of you people suggesting this guy is just a nutcase or faking his position...do you have any evidence that matter can organize itself?
Has zero to do with the claim that earth is 6000 years old.

Forget that scientists have actually witnessed evolution in viruses. That must all be fake.

Intelligent people look to where the evidence and research points to, not to the opinions of people, no matter their credentials. You could have 100 Ph.Ds and be considered very intelligent but if your view contradicts actual evidence and results of research, then no one should take your claim seriously.

Also, I didn't read all the replies here but shadow_priest_x, citing and listening to the evidence of a scientific theory is NOT appealing to authority, dingbat.

Having 3 PhD's doesn't make someone a genius, it just means they spent a fuck load of time in school. My wife has a PhD in immunology and sometimes she says the most retarded shit.

if you go back for more than one phd, you probably fucked up somewhere along the way

Good interview. Seems like a smart fellow.

Oh man I guess the earth is only 6000years old. Stupid sediment tricking us

Back