Bones Jones has the highest Fight IQ

4n4L53x

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
But possibly the lowest real life IQ, dude never ever learns.

Smart people rarely make great fighters
I don't think that is necessarily true, I've met GSP numerous times and he comes off as quite smart.

It can be difficult to tell when he speaks in English as he's never really mastered it.

Dominick Cruz also seems quite intelligent.

Some people probably hate to admit it, but there is an intelligence to Conor McGregor.

I don't think that is necessarily true, I've met GSP numerous times and he comes off as quite smart.

It can be difficult to tell when he speaks in English as he's never really mastered it.

Some people probably hate to admit it, but there is an intelligence to Conor McGregor.

Rarely not never.

True.

His fight IQ is arguably his best attribute. The way he came back in the Gus fight is a prime example. He has a lot of heart and great fight IQ but his life IQ is very low.

He’s a party animal. Let the lad have some fun.

There's a reason Stephen Hawking never made it to the UFC. He was simply too smart.

Yes.

In the wild he would be a force to be reckoned with. He would dominate the other males in 1 v1 combat and then take their women by force.

I also thought this until he threw that stupid knee against Smith and almost got another DQ loss on his record
Dumb

Last edited:

Cruz is a pseudointellectual with a smart mouth.

There's a reason Stephen Hawking never made it to the UFC. He was simply too smart.
813wE89utAL._SY550_.jpg

Fighters with the highest fight IQ don't fight opponents at their own game

Dude's my favourite fighter to watch but let's be real here, he's fighting at LHW, one of the shallowest talent pools in the game, and that lets him fight dumber and get away with things that FWs, LWs and WWs just can't get away with because they routinely have to deal with legit beasts

He brings the drama better than almost anyone but he's also far more limited than his very limited division is able to expose

I think that what makes GSP intelligent is that he knew how to surround himself with the best people for him.
He learn wrestling as a late age with the Olympic team of Montreal and became the best MMA wrestler
He learn BJJ with Renzo and Danaher, you can't be wrong with thoses guys. GSP has one of the best BJJ game at welter after Maia
In boxing he went to Freddy Roach, one of the most respected boxing coach.
In muay thaï he had a crazy French dude who was kicking everyone's ass at TUF while being drunk with no sleep for 165lbs
And he mixed all this knowledge with a masterplan, he used to have Greg Jackson in his corner. And know Firas replace Greg but it's kind of the same approche.

And GSP always follow the GamePlan, it's why his fight IQ is so high.

Back